Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar set to headline UFC 218 in Detroit

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar set to headline UFC 218 in Detroit

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:57 am

by Danny Segura @DannySeguraTV Oct 3, 2017

Max Holloway’s first title defense has been booked.

The Hawaiian fighter will defend his UFC featherweight belt against Frankie Edgar in the main event of UFC 218. The event is set to take place on Dec. 2 at the Little Caesars Arena in Detroit. The news was first reported on Tuesday night by BJPenn.com, and was later confirmed by MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani.

Holloway captured the UFC’s 145-pound belt by defeating Jose Aldo in a title unification bout at UFC 212 back in June. Prior to that, Holloway became the interim champ by stopping Anthony Pettis last December. The 25-year-old is currently 18–3 in MMA and rides an impressive 11-fight win streak. Holloway’s last defeat came to UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor back in 2013.

Meanwhile, Edgar, a former UFC lightweight champion, will be attempting to get a featherweight belt a third time. Since moving down to 145 pounds in 2013, Edgar picked up a 7-2 record with his two defeats coming to Aldo in title bouts. Edgar is currently 35 and is coming off back-to-back wins over Yair Rodriguez and Jeremy Stephens.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/3/16416902/max-holloway-vs-frankie-edgar-set-to-headline-ufc-218-in-detroit
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”