Gokhan Saki returns against Khalil Rountree at UFC 219

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Gokhan Saki returns against Khalil Rountree at UFC 219

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:06 pm

by Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Oct 9, 2017

Gokhan Saki isn’t wasting any time getting back into the Octagon.

Less than three weeks after the kickboxing legend’s victorious UFC debut, the promotion announced Saki’s return to the Octagon against Khalil Rountree at UFC 219, scheduled for Dec. 30 in Las Vegas.

Saki (1-1), a multiple-time champion in kickboxing, returned to the sport 13 years after his first MMA bout, and knocked out Henrique da Silva at UFC Japan in September. It was Saki’s first fight since 2015, when he won a kickboxing match in Dubai and improved his record to 83-12.

Rountree (6-2) enters the cage coming off back-to-back knockouts wins over Paul Craig and Daniel Jolly in 2017. The 27-year-old light heavyweight was a finalist at the 23rd season of The Ultimate Fighter in 2016.

The UFC has yet to announce which match-up headlines the event at the T-Mobile Arena. The fight card currently includes Dominick Cruz vs. Jimmie Rivera, Cynthia Calvillo vs. Carla Esparza, Carlos Condit vs. Neil Magny and Louis Smolka vs. Matheus Nicolau.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/9/16447744/gokhan-saki-returns-khalil-rountree-ufc-219
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”