White: Winner of Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos will get UFC title shot

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

White: Winner of Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos will get UFC title shot

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:34 pm

by Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi Oct 13, 2017

Rafael dos Anjos wanted an interim title fight, but it seems like he’ll be getting the next best thing.

UFC president Dana White said Friday at a UFC 217 press conference in Toronto that the winner between dos Anjos and Robbie Lawler will get the next UFC welterweight title shot against champion Tyron Woodley. The UFC announced Thursday that Lawler and dos Anjos will be meeting in the main event of UFC on FOX 26 on Dec. 16 in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Lawler (28-11, 1 NC) rebounded after losing the belt to Woodley by defeating Donald Cerrone by unanimous decision at UFC 214 in July. The 35-year-old has won six of his last seven fights.

Dos Anjos (27-9), the former lightweight champion, has won two in a row since moving up from 155 to 170. Most recently, the 32-year-old Brazilian beat Neil Magny by first-round submission last month at UFC 215.

Woodley (18-3-1) has a torn labrum in his shoulder that will keep him out until next year. The 35-year-old has defended the belt three times already since November 2016, including a unanimous decision victory over Demian Maia at UFC 214.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/13/16469430/dana-white-winner-of-robbie-lawler-vs-rafael-dos-anjos-will-get-ufc-title-shot
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”