Combate Americas partners with Telemundo for Copa Combate’s

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Combate Americas partners with Telemundo for Copa Combate’s

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:20 am

eight-man bantamweight tournament

by Danny Segura @DannySeguraTV Oct 16, 2017

Combate Americas will be getting some airtime on national television.

The promotion has partnered with Telemundo, the second largest Spanish television network in America, to televise a portion of their eight-man bantamweight tournament, Copa Combate. The tournament is set to take place on Nov. 11 at 11:30 p.m. ET in Cancun, Mexico.

Copa Combate marks the first time Telemundo will broadcast a live MMA event. The entire event will stream online on TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo Now app. Only the semifinals, finals, and the card’s co-main event — a women’s strawweight bout between Melissa Martinez and Gloria Bravo — will air live on Telemundo.

The quarterfinal and semifinal fights will be contested over three, three-minute rounds, while the final will be a regular fight featuring three five-minute rounds. The winner of the tournament will take home $100,000. The matchups will be booked in a lottery-ball draw that will take place on Nov. 2.

The one-night tournament includes notable Latin American talent such as John Castaneda, who holds a win over ex-UFC fighter Chris Beal and last competed at Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series 4, where he picked up a decision win over Cheyden Leialoha; Ricky Palacios, who is on a six-fight win streak that includes decision wins over former UFC fighters Chris Avila and Roman Salazar; and Marcelo Rojo, a popular Argentine fighter who owns a professional MMA record of 12-4.

Additionally, Copa Combate will host two bantamweight bouts that will serve as alternate matchups, with the winners placed on standby in case a tournament fighter suffers an injury and is unable to continue. The two alternate fights will be announced next week, and they will be part of the online broadcast.

Below are the eight bantamweights participating in the Copa Combate tournament:

John “Sexy Mexy” Castaneda (14-2)
Ricky “El Gallero” Palacios (9-1)
Marcelo “Pitbull” Rojo (12-4)
Carlos “Lobo” Rivera (10-2)
Mikey “El Terrible” Erosa (12-5)
Marc “Lufo” Gomez (20-10)
Andres “Doble A” Ayala (11-4)
Kevin “El Frio” Moreyra (4-1)

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/16/16486182/combate-americas-partners-with-telemundo-for-copa-combates-eight-man-bantamweight-tournament
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”