Bellator 186 results:Ryan Bader retains light heavyweight title

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Bellator 186 results:Ryan Bader retains light heavyweight title

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:24 pm

by Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Nov 4, 2017

At the site of one of the most decorated wrestling programs in the country, Ryan Bader made use of that discipline to record his first Bellator title defense.

Bader (24-5) left no doubt that he is the top light heavyweight in Bellator, using a wrestling-heavy attack to neutralize Linton Vassell (19-6). He then finished him with ground-and-pound in the second round of the championship main event of Bellator 186 on Friday at the Bryce Jordan Center on the Penn State campus in University Park, Penn.

From the outset, it was clear that Bader’s plan was to take Vassell down and he was able to do so early in the opening round. Vassell worked his way back to the feet where he had some success against Bader, but the two-time NCAA All-American was consistently able to use his grappling to keep Vassell from stringing together too much offense.

In the second round, Bader pinned Vassell against the cage and proceeded to attack with relentless ground-and-pound, forcing the stoppage at the 3:58 mark.

“The wrestling community is a tight community, I love you all,” Bader said post fight. “It doesn’t matter if I’m from ASU (Arizona State University), I still love the wrestling community so it was fun to fight here. It felt like one of the old duals.”

Full read:https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/4/16604992/bellator-186-results-ryan-bader-retains-light-heavyweight-title
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”