Coach just got his Black Belt

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Canuckster

Re: Coach just got his Black Belt

Postby Canuckster » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:10 am

No, there are online academies, they are a bad joke to the community at large.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:31 am

Masato wrote:I remember someone visiting came to our club once with a blue? or purple? I can't remember but he was really bad, like it was kind of obvious to everyone. He said he got his belt from some online Gracie website lol I don't know if that's different that Gracie Barra or not but it was a shocker. He said for a blue belt it was mostly stand-up self-defense stuff, you'd submit a video of yourself or something? lol

That's "Gracie University". It's a scammy system put together by money-grubber Rorion's sons. Pay hundreds, film yourself doing step-by-step defenses to a standing bear-hug and rape choke and an armlock (just like in a Women's Self-Defense class at a Community College) and they'll email you an official certificate that no one can dispute.

The program is a major embarrassment and I think they only give out Blue-Belts now.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:45 am

Which is Total horseshit because blue is the very foundation of the art. That's why our rep, Marcus soares watches everyone roll for their grading instead of seeing if you've memorized technique because it's how you apply it on the mats that matters
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 am

Masato, I remember you saying you took a layoff from Jiujitsu then started back up. What's your motivation? Are you going to make it Black Belt someday?

Return to “Super Dojo”