Coach just got his Black Belt

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Coach just got his Black Belt

Postby Masato » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:54 pm

My BJJ coach just got his black belt from Cobrinha a few hours ago.. was watching a live stream it was very cool.

Dude is not even 30 yet, super proud of him

I'll find some pics when they surface

Amazing achievement, and no hotter time imo to be getting it from Cobrinha

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:30 pm

- Congratulations to your coach, boss!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:54 am

Not even 30? Impressive. I plan to be a black belt by 60. :P

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:59 am

Masato wrote:Image

Nice! My no-gi coach is from Alliance Hawaii.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:28 pm

So I was there for his first class back... a bunch of us who train most/know him best all showed up, his mom brought a cake for surprise etc. He washed his eye with honer a bit, real nice.

This came at an interesting time for me as I am re-evaluating some goals and direction in life, he comes back and proves that things can be done. Really inspiring. We had a great class, I was getting some things to work well.

The little guy to the left of the coach didn't grow quite the same as others, he is small and a bit disproportioned but he is a brown belt and will FUCK YOU UP, lol . Literally I've seen him against bigger guys you think you can just smash through whatever he's got cuz he looks small but then all of a sudden you're stuck and can't move, lol. He trains all the time, for years, goes to Japan etc. Proof the art works.

The kid behind him is that super multi world champ kid I wrote about in another thread. Absolutely owned the kids divisions for years, no one even came close. Now some orgs have agreed to make an exception to the rules and let him compete at blue belt as an adult even though he's only 15. He smashed his first tournament at this level subbing everyone out lol

Guy on the far right front row is an absolute freak of nature with a constant flow of unhuman strength, energy and positivity. Jitz is strong and he's like a hyper kid but 185lbs lol. Also he can drink like a motherfucker, lol

A great night, still pumped for the guy

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Awesome. Looks like you've got a solid team up there. Alliance is no joke.

I moved a couple months ago and the only convenient place to train is the local Graicie Barra. I've always avoided the big organizations / affiliates like the plague, and talked a lot of shit on Gracie Barra for being the BJJ McDojos, but I'm going to sell-out and sign-up for a year and see how it goes.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:47 pm

evil-kungfool wrote:Awesome. Looks like you've got a solid team up there. Alliance is no joke.

I moved a couple months ago and the only convenient place to train is the local Graicie Barra. I've always avoided the big organizations / affiliates like the plague, and talked a lot of shit on Gracie Barra for being the BJJ McDojos, but I'm going to sell-out and sign-up for a year and see how it goes.

Gracie Barra is McDojo? Well, I do think it's kinda gay that they make everyone wear the same gi with the same patches on the same spots.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Gracie Barra is McDojo? Well, I do think it's kinda gay that they make everyone wear the same gi with the same patches on the same spots.

McDojo was too harsh. They're more like a Starbucks.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:45 pm

I remember someone visiting came to our club once with a blue? or purple? I can't remember but he was really bad, like it was kind of obvious to everyone. He said he got his belt from some online Gracie website lol I don't know if that's different that Gracie Barra or not but it was a shocker. He said for a blue belt it was mostly stand-up self-defense stuff, you'd submit a video of yourself or something? lol

- was this guy smokin something or has anyone else heard of this?

The other Gracie Barra burn I remember is trying to find a place while in Brasil for my son to train. Gracie Barra said he couldn't go on the mats if he didn't have the patch on his gi. My wife called them back to say she found another club where he was welcome :D

I'm sure it varies from club to club. To be honest I don't even understand the whole Alliance thing

Return to “Super Dojo”