Rich Franklin to host reality series for ONE Championship in 2018

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Rich Franklin to host reality series for ONE Championship in 2018

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:29 pm

by Peter Carroll @PetesyCarroll Nov 17, 2017

In the first quarter of 2018, the premiere episode of ONE Championship’s new reality platform “Rich Franklin’s ONE Warrior Series” is set to air, in which the former UFC middleweight champion will venture around Asia in search of the newest martial arts superstars, it was announced Friday in a release.

Hopefuls will be put through some training scenarios such as pad sessions, grappling demonstrations, conditioning exams and an interview process. If successful, contestants will then compete in trial exhibition bouts. Each episode of the new reality show will be 30 minutes long.

According to ONE Championship, a contract worth more than $100,000 is on the line as well as an opportunity to compete under the ONE Championship banner.

Speaking on the announcement of the new reality television series, Franklin claims he is looking forward to finding the next wave of superstars for the Asian promotional powerhouse.

“Asia is the hotbed of the industry’s top martial arts prospects,” the former UFC middleweight champion said. “It comes as no surprise, since martial arts has been home to the region for the past 5,000 years.

“Throughout my time in ONE Championship, I have been witness to some of the best martial arts talent I have ever seen. Stars today such as Angela Lee and Eduard Folayang came from the grassroots level of talent in Asia, and the next martial arts superstar is just waiting to be discovered.

“Follow me on this journey to showcase Asia’s greatest cultural treasure, and join me on the hunt to find ONE Championship’s new wave of superstars.”

CEO of ONE Championship, Chatri Sityodtong, also weighed in on the promotion’s new television series.

“I am pleased to announce Rich Franklin’s ONE Warrior Series,” Sityodtong said. “At ONE Championship, one of our biggest missions is taking martial arts, Asia’s greatest cultural treasure, and placing it front and center for the entire world to witness.

“One of the ways to do this is by developing local homegrown martial arts superheroes. We are excited to travel across Asia, visiting the most iconic cities, to discover the next big superstar.”

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/17/16669288/rich-franklin-to-host-reality-series-for-one-championship-in-2018
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”