Tyron Woodley calls out Nate Diaz for UFC 219 fight

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Tyron Woodley calls out Nate Diaz for UFC 219 fight

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:28 pm

‘Why is he scared?’

by MMA Fighting Newswire Nov 17, 2017

Will Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz get done for UFC 219?

Various reports this week, including those made by MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani, revealed that discussions have taken place for a Dec. 30 matchup between Woodley, the reigning UFC welterweight champion, and lightweight superstar Diaz. Since the news first broke, Woodley has campaigned for the bout on social media and in the press, even telling TMZ that he already signed a contract to fight Diaz at UFC 219.

Woodley continued to put Diaz on blast Friday, calling Diaz out while serving as an analyst for the UFC Sydney weigh-in show on FOX Sports 2.

“I’m here,” Woodley said. “All I need is the paperwork sent — UFC 219, Dec. 30 needs a headliner. It’s been offered to me, it’s been offered to Nate Diaz. Unfortunately, one half has not accepted. So you guys, people listening and watching, you guys need to get the Twitter fingers and ask your man that said ‘Don’t be scared,’ why is he scared?”

Woodley (18-3-1) is unbeaten over his last six fights. He has defended the UFC welterweight title three times since capturing the belt with a first-round knockout over Robbie Lawler. Diaz (19-11), meanwhile, has not competed since his blockbuster Aug. 2016 loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 202.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/17/16672152/tyron-woodley-calls-out-nate-diaz-for-ufc-219-fight-why-is-he-scared
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Tyrone is a bad matchup for Nate.

It's like high-volume vs low-volume striker. Tyrone won't wear himself out punching. Nate won't be able to stop the legkicks or blast doubles.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:38 pm

^ I think Nate might be able to outgrapple him though, no?

Would be a really exciting fight. I always love a Diaz fight, Nate or Nick, they never disappoint

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:09 pm

Maybe. Tyrone is big and tends to just sit in guard with his elbows tight. If Nate doesn't get a guillotine on the way down, or get nasty with elbows from bottom, what do you see happening? It's not like he's going to swing for a sick Armbar / Triangle combo on a big sweaty wrestler who just wants to stay low.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 pm

Did you guys see Darren Till's dismantling of Cerrone? I think he's almost ready to face Woodley.

Woodley likes to backpedal into the cage, shell, wait, explode!

Till likes to walk his opponent into the cage, karate hop, feint, elbow!

McDonald was the last to decisively defeat Woodley, and he he used a pressure / swarming / bodyshot tactic.

If no one beats Tyrone, and McDonald becomes the Bellator WW champ, some type of crossover event would be cool.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Bonus Gif: Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi from Darren Till

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:18 pm

evil-kungfool wrote:Did you guys see Darren Till's dismantling of Cerrone? I think he's almost ready to face Woodley.

Woodley likes to backpedal into the cage, shell, wait, explode!

Till likes to walk his opponent into the cage, karate hop, feint, elbow!

McDonald was the last to decisively defeat Woodley, and he he used a pressure / swarming / bodyshot tactic.

If no one beats Tyrone, and McDonald becomes the Bellator WW champ, some type of crossover event would be cool.

- Rory is very strong. Nate isnt this type of fighter, he doesnt pocess this type of power. Dont get me wrong, i am a Nate fan. His best bet is to beat Tyron on the ground, the problem is getting him there!

I dindt watch the Darren Tils fight, maybe he can be a match to Tyron!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Return to “Super Dojo”