Marlon Moraes steps in to face Aljamain Sterling

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Marlon Moraes steps in to face Aljamain Sterling

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:31 pm

by Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi Nov 17, 2017

It’ll be Long Island versus New Jersey on the West Coast.

Marlon Moraes has stepped in to face Aljamain Sterling on short notice at UFC Fresno on Dec. 9, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting on Friday. Sterling was supposed to face Rani Yahya, who pulled out with an injury. MMAjunkie was the first to report the news after Sterling posted he’d be facing Moraes on social media.

Moraes (19-5-1) is coming off a split decision win over John Dodson just six days ago at UFC Norfolk. The Brazilian, who has lived and trained for years in New Jersey, is the former World Series of Fighting bantamweight champion. Moraes, 29, is 1-1 since coming to the UFC, falling to Raphael Assuncao in his debut at UFC 212 in June.

Sterling (14-2) has won two straight, most recently a unanimous decision over Renan Barao at UFC 214 in July. The Serra-Longo product has compiled a 6-2 record in the UFC. Sterling, 28, is the former CFFC bantamweight champion.

UFC Fresno is headlined by a featherweight contender bout between Cub Swanson and Brian Ortega.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/17/16672490/marlon-moraes-steps-in-to-face-aljamain-sterling-on-short-notice-at-ufc-fresno
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”