Michael Chandler vs. Goiti Yamauchi slated for Bellator 192

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Michael Chandler vs. Goiti Yamauchi slated for Bellator 192

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:34 pm

by Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani Nov 17, 2017

Michael Chandler is set to return to action, however, his next fight won’t be for the Bellator lightweight title.

Chandler will meet Goiti Yamauchi at Bellator 192 on January 20, MMA Fighting has learned.

The event, which is headlined by Douglas Lima vs. Rory MacDonald for the Bellator welterweight title, will take place at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif.

Chandler (16-4) lost the lightweight title in June to Brent Primus after suffering a sprained foot in the first round of their Bellator NYC title fight. He hoped to receive an immediate rematch, but for reasons unknown at this time, that fight wasn’t made. Prior to the somewhat controversial loss, Chandler had won four fights in a row.

Yamauchi (22-3) heads into the biggest fight of his career riding a three-fight winning streak. All three of those wins — as well 18 of his 22 overall — have come via submission.

The event is also expected to feature a first-round matchup in the Bellator heavyweight tournament, with Quinton Jackson vs. Chael Sonnen currently being discussed.

Source:https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/17/16670990/michael-chandler-vs-goiti-yamauchi-slated-for-bellator-192
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”