Yoshitaka Naito vs. Alex Silva title fight headlines ONE: Warriors of the World

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Yoshitaka Naito vs. Alex Silva title fight headlines ONE: Warriors of the World

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:33 am

by Guilherme Cruz[b] @guicruzzz [/b] Nov 21, 2017

Yoshitaka Naito will put his ONE Championship strawweight gold on the line on Dec. 9, as he meets Alex Silva in Bangkok, Thailand, the promotion officially announced.

Naito (12-0) submitted Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke to win the title in his promotional debut in May 2016, and defended it five months later with a submission over Joshua Pacio.

Silva (6-1) earned a shot at the belt after winning five in a row under the ONE Championship banner, all five by submission.

“Having this belt means I am a master of my craft,” Naito stated in a release. "It hasn’t been easy. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication, but I am prepared to do whatever it takes. Alex Silva is a worthy challenger and an amazing competitor. I look forward to testing my skills against him.”

"I’m competing for the ONE strawweight world championship,” Silva stated, "and have a chance to be known as the best strawweight in the world. I’m excited for the opportunity.”

ONE: Warriors of the World will be co-headlined by Shannon Wiratchai (8-1, 1 no-contest) vs. Rasul Yakhyaev (10-6, 1 no-contest) in a lightweight title eliminator. Rika Ishige (2-1) is also expected to compete at the event.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/21/16684278/yoshitaka-naito-vs-alex-silva-title-fight-headlines-one-card-thailand
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”