Fight calendar and discussion

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Fight calendar and discussion

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:01 am

Shinsuke Nakamura Says He Doesn’t Care About Rating His Match w/ AJ Styles, Says He Feels Comfortable In WWE Heading Into Wrestlemania

Shinsuke Nakamura recently spoke with Joseph Staszewski for the New York Post; you can read a few highlights below:

Shinsuke Nakamura comments on facing AJ Styles on Sunday:

“It’s an amazing thing for WWE history I think. We crossed over, we crossed the border line in Japan and the States, different company and that’s why I say this is destiny.”

“Actually I don’t care about the ratings, five stars, six stars, seven stars, whatever. But I really want to enjoy this match. I want to do everything I can do. I want to take everything he can do.”

Nakamura says both he and Styles faced adjustment periods in their career, but he’s comfortable in WWE:

“We didn’t need to care about the time. WWE time-wise is so strict.
When he was in Japan, he needed to adjust, but now he doesn’t need to. For me, this took time to adjust, but now I feel comfortable with the WWE. At WrestleMania I can show my 100 percent or more.”

Read more at http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/ne ... IkUg5Eg.99
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Masato wrote:
Luigi wrote:ONE FC just put on a caged Muay Thai fight, one of the fighters was retired legend Sam-A

Wow, Schiavello comparing Sam-A to Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Maradonna... Is he really that legendary? I have never heard of him before but then again never followed Muay Thai.

Schiavello is pumped, lol I am gonna watch the fight now. Suddenly a lot more interesting now that I know he has this sort of status

You guys post some cool stuff, I don't follow striking arts at all but totally should, lol Its so scary

Someone just made a nice HL video of his fights:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:02 am

Rafael Aghayev vs Dionicio Gustavo - Full Fight (Karate Combat Genesis 2018)

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:02 am

Wrestlemania!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:28 am

A few thoughts:

Edge that Karate pit thing is really cool.

On UFC: Great performance by KK vs Herrig. Great performances by both Rose and Joanna. I feel like most fans are only scoring power punches for this one. I thought Joanna clearly won rounds 3-4, and edged out round 2. Very close fight though and I'm actually happy Rose won because now they wont fight a third time for a while. I want to see Rose vs Andrade. Khabib beat Al as expected but he pulled a Rocky and managed to survive and do better than expected. 5 rounds with Khabib is a huge learning experience too. I think we're getting Conor vs Khabib in Russia in September.

And rumor has it Lesnar wants the winner of Stipe and DC. Imagine if Brock was simultaneous WWE and UFC champ. Legendary stuff haha.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Luigi wrote:A few thoughts:

Edge that Karate pit thing is really cool.

On UFC: Great performance by KK vs Herrig. Great performances by both Rose and Joanna. I feel like most fans are only scoring power punches for this one. I thought Joanna clearly won rounds 3-4, and edged out round 2. Very close fight though and I'm actually happy Rose won because now they wont fight a third time for a while. I want to see Rose vs Andrade. Khabib beat Al as expected but he pulled a Rocky and managed to survive and do better than expected. 5 rounds with Khabib is a huge learning experience too. I think we're getting Conor vs Khabib in Russia in September.

And rumor has it Lesnar wants the winner of Stipe and DC. Imagine if Brock was simultaneous WWE and UFC champ. Legendary stuff haha.

- I dont see Brock beating any of the top guys. Im a Brock fan, but the wrestling takes his toil.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm

“Justin is a fighter’s fighter,” Poirier recently told MMA Fighting. “People like to watch him fight. He’s a little bit of a brute. He out-toughs guys and you know that he’s a guy who doesn’t break mentally. You have to break his body. You have to short-circuit him. You have to make his body stop working. He has a never-die attitude and I respect that about him, and I know what he’s bringing to the table. I know how dangerous he is, the power he brings and the grit he brings to the fight.

“I’m not looking to go out there and get damaged and have a bloodbath, but I’m a fighter deep down inside. So no matter how much I try to tame that beast, when the going gets tough, it comes out. I’m glad I have that because it’s gotten me far.

“But this is going to be the bull versus the matador and I’m going to finesse him out there. I’m going to show my full skill set, my speed, my accuracy, everything I’ve been working on for 11 years. I’m going to show, once again, that I’m going to be the best in the world.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/11/17037524/dustin-poirier-justin-gaethje-is-going-to-have-a-short-career-if-he-doesnt-adjust-his-fighting-style

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:09 am

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:29 pm

It seems ONE starts at 7am tomorrow. Sucks because that guarantees I cant watch it live.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:01 am

Luigi wrote:It seems ONE starts at 7am tomorrow. Sucks because that guarantees I cant watch it live.

- Never watched a One event live. Usually see the resulst before watching the fights!

Return to “Super Dojo”