MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Re: Fight calendar and discussion

Postby Luigi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:04 pm

THe main event from Rebellion(who have English commentary!):

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:50 pm

Luigi wrote:Bellator 200 just got CroCop vs Nelson and a cool new poster.

- Will watch that!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:57 am

Some good UFC events coming up. 223, 224, and 226 are all looking awesome. Lots of great fight nights scattered between them too.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Despite accepting Jon Fitch fight, Paul Daley says recent issues ‘have been left unattended’ with Bellator

By Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani Mar 6, 2018

Just because Paul Daley has accepted another Bellator fight doesn’t mean things are back to normal between the two sides.

Late last week Bellator announced that promotional newcomer Jon Fitch would meet Daley on May 12 in San Jose, Calif. This came just weeks after Daley publicly requested his release from Bellator due to, among other reasons, a “lack of respect,” as he put it.

But when the Fitch vs. Daley fight was announced, the general consensus seemed to be that things had been patched up.

Think again.

“Things have been left unattended,” Daley told MMAFighting.com. “All they’ve given me is a fight. [I] guess it’s their way of addressing the issue.”

Daley added that he has two fights left on his current contract, including the Fitch fight.

As for the idea that Bellator was pitting Daley against Fitch, known to be a grinder, as a form of punishment for publicly complaining, Daley shot back.

“If they gave me the Fitch fight as punishment, they made a big mistake. I’m telling you now, I will KO Fitch within two rounds. He’s not the Fitch of old, he is old, and he’s no Rory MacDonald.”

Daley (40-15-2) has won seven of his last nine fights. He most recently knocked out Lorenz Larkin in September.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/6/17087418/despite-accepting-jon-fitch-fight-paul-daley-says-recent-issues-left-unattended-with-bellator

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:40 am

The upcoming K-1 Mega-card will feature all their champions, pretty much all of their cool fighters, and it will be 9 hours long!!! It starts 9:30pm EST and goes until 6am. Below in the spoiler is the full event program.

Legend:
Blue = normal fight
Red = tournament fight
Light Yellow = superfight
Dark Yellow = title fight

[spoiler]

English translation:

Preliminary Fights

P-1 Sano Junpei vs. Matsumura Hideaki
P-2 Ruku vs. Kato Kona
P-3 Hara Shouta vs. Kondo Kaisei
P-4 Toushi vs. Hayato
P-5 Yokoyama Takumi vs. Oiwa Tatsuya [60kg tournament reserve fight]

Main card (Part 1)
Landhousing Presents "4th WORLD GP Super Featherweight Championship Tournament"
QF-1 KOJI vs. Urabe Hirotaka
QF-2 Komiyama Kosuke vs. Suarek Rukkukamui
QF-3 TAKERU vs. Stauros Exakoustidis
QF-4 Goshyu Masanobu vs. Timur Nadrov

WW Title Fight: Kubo Yuta (c) vs. Melsik Baghdasaryan
HW Title Fight: Antonio Plazibat (c) vs. Roel Mannaart

[Intermission 1]

Main card (Part 2)
50kg Women's SuperFight
KANA vs. Polina Petukhova
Super BW SuperFight: Gunji Taito vs. Tosaka Takumi
Super LW SuperFight: Nakazawa Jun vs Soda Yasuomi

- SF-1 Winner of QF-1 vs Winner of QF-2
- SF-2 Winner of QF-3 vs Winner of QF-4

Super FW Title Fight: Noiri Masaaki (c) vs. Tetsuya Yamato
Super WW Title Fight: Chingiz Allazov (c) vs. Hinata

[Intermission 2]

Main card (Part 3)

WW SuperFight: Kimura 'Phillip' Minoru vs. Hirayama Jin
WW SuperFight: Kido Yasuhiro vs. Issam Chahid
EMURGO presents: Kaew Weerasakreck vs. Hiramoto Ren
LW Title Fight: Wei Rui (c) vs. Urabe Koya
Super BW Title Fight: Takei Yoshiki (c) vs. Kubo Kenji

- Super FW Title Fight: Winner of SF-1 vs Winner of SF-2

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Fabricio Werdum wants to participate in pro wrestling, UFC at same time

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Mar 7, 2018

Fabricio Werdum has a busy schedule with the UFC, and is actually planning on adding more work to his routine.

The former UFC heavyweight champion returns to the Octagon on March 17, headlining UFC London against Alexander Volkov. Ready for his fourth fight since last July, “Vai Cavalo” told MMA Fighting that he’s trying to negotiate a deal with a pro wrestling company as well.

Asked about Brock Lesnar’s potential return to the UFC and Cain Velasquez’s social media posts about pro wrestling, Werdum said he will have a meeting with someone from a pro wrestling company later this week.

”I think that both (at the same time) is doable,” Werdum told MMA Fighting. “You can do (pro wrestling). … If I had the opportunity I’d fight there, no problem. It’s financially great. Fight at (pro wrestling), a spectacle that is fun to do. I’d definitely do it. I have a meeting Thursday about it, doing both (UFC and pro wrestling). I want to fight, doesn’t matter where.”

Werdum worked in the remake of Kickboxer in 2016, and said that Kickboxer producer Rob Hickman helped him set up a meeting with the pro wrestling representative.

“It’s cool, a unique opportunity to do a few fights there as well," Werdum said. "People think it’s easy, but it’s not. You have to be well trained to do those jumps, you have to be agile. It’s not easy as some people might think. It’s quite complicated. You have to be well trained and practice a lot to captivate the audience.”

The 40-year-old Brazilian fighter is constantly joking and producing comedy videos on his social media, and already has an idea for the pro wrestling version of “Vai Cavalo”.

”I’m fluent in Spanish, so I can do a character that speaks Spanish,” Werdum said. “That would be cool. I’d really like to have this opportunity to do this and captivate the Latin audience because they really love (pro wrestling). I’d be thrilled to do a fight there, or more, or a contract, because there’s no problem with the UFC since it’s not a real fight, it’s more of a show.”

Meanwhile, Werdum looks to extend his winning streak to three in the UFC, and plans on staying active in the Octagon until he earns a shot at the heavyweight championship.

(Editor’s note: Werdum originally mentioned a meeting with WWE, but later mistakenly cited WWE instead of a Mexican "lucha libre" company.)

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/7/17087708/fabricio-werdum-wwe-former-ufc-champion-interested-pro-wrestling-mma-career

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Mairbek Taisumov withdraws from UFC 223 due to visa delay

By Peter Carroll @PetesyCarroll Mar 9, 2018

Mairbek Taisumov’s quest to secure a U.S. visa continues.

According to sources, there has been a delay with the Russian’s visa processing so his upcoming bout with Evan Dunham has been pulled from UFC 223. MMA Fighting understands that Taisumov’s visa process is still ongoing and his team is confident that he will compete in the U.S. in the near future. He has not been denied a U.S. visa.

“Beckan” has previously been forced off two previous UFC cards, UFC Fight Night 81 and UFC 203, due to visa issues.

In an interview with MMA Fighting ahead of his scrapped bout with Dunham, Taisumov was confident that he would be able to compete in the U.S. because UFC lawyers were helping him with the process.

“Right now, the UFC lawyers are working on it,” said Taisumov in January.

“I feel it will all be done very soon. All I can do is wait. It’s probably going to be a few more weeks, but from what I’ve heard I will finally get my visa. The process is ongoing, like I said the UFC lawyers are working on it, but they are very confident that everything will be okay.”

In the same interview, Taisumov insisted that there was no reason why he would not be granted a U.S. visa having competed in the country in the past.

“I’m not the problem. I’m just a sportsman; I’ve never done any kind of crime in my life. I’ve never done any bad things to people. I’m a good person and there’s nothing I have done in my life that would stop me from getting a visa, but I’ve still had trouble getting it,” he said.

“The strange thing is, I’ve been in America before. I had a two-year working visa. I’ve fought in America and everything was okay. I just came back after my fight and everything was fine.

“Now, it seems I can’t get my visa, and I don’t know why. It’s just politics, but it has a big effect on normal people like me. I really feel like it’s holding my career back.”

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/9/17099896/mairbek-taisumov-withdraws-from-ufc-223-due-to-visa-delay

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:27 am

Surfing boxrec I found this legit Canadian HW boxing prospect Simon Kean. 13-0 and ranked #34 in the world. It would be awesome if we got a Canadian HW champ. I dont think we have had one since that Burns guy from over 100 years ago lol

I also found a quick way to unblock flash player in chrome which is helpful for streaming:

[spoiler]

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:09 am

News/spoilers from last night:

Reece McAllister got injured so Singdam fought a random replacement guy and beat him up. Scott Quigg really messed up his FW title shot. He came in 2.8 lbs over then lost. He said he was 3 lbs over the night before but didnt lose anything in his sleep. He made it a tough battle but Valdez won wide. Lipinets lost to Garcia. There is some good news and bad news. Good news is even though Lipinets lost 9/12 rounds, most of those rounds were very competitive even though he was facing the best in the division and a seasoned 4 weight champ. This proves that nothing Sergey has done in the past was lucky or a fluke. The bad news is he should have been the bigger stronger guy but he wasnt, and he even got dropped in round 7. I think he needs to put on some mass to reinvent himself going forward. He is 28 so he has time.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:26 am

Highlights from last night, very cool fight:

Werdum vs Volkov next week. Should be good.

Return to “Super Dojo”