UFC Belem gets local bantamweight Iuri Alcantara vs. Joe Soto

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

UFC Belem gets local bantamweight Iuri Alcantara vs. Joe Soto

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:24 am

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Dec 21, 2017

Iuri Alcantara, one of the few Para native talents to compete inside the Octagon, will get to fight a few miles away from home in February.

A 45-fight veteran, “Marajo,” is set to take on fellow bantamweight Joe Soto at the UFC Belem card on Feb. 3, the company announced on Thursday. The match-up was first reported by Combate.

Alcantara (35-9, 1 no-contest) desperately needs a victory following a pair of disappointing performances in the second half of 2017. He was submitted by Brian Kelleher in Rio de Janeiro and lost a decision to Alejandro Perez at UFC Fresno earlier this month.

Soto (18-6) was riding a three-fight winning streak in the UFC, which included a decision victory over Rani Yahya in Brazil, but looks to rebound from a quick submission defeat to Brett Johns at TUF 26 Finale on Dec. 1st. Soto is 3-4 under the UFC banner.

UFC Belem will take place at the Mangueirinho Gymnasium on Feb. 3 and features Lyoto Machida vs. Eryk Anders in the main event.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12/21/16808150/ufc-belem-local-bantamweight-iuri-alcantara-joe-soto
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”