Justin Gaethje interested in Kevin Lee next: ‘I just like punching loudmouths in the face’

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Justin Gaethje interested in Kevin Lee next: ‘I just like punching loudmouths in the face’

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:11 am

By Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi Jan 2, 2018

Justin Gaethje said he was very cordial to Kevin Lee earlier this year when the two UFC lightweight contenders met. Gaethje won’t make that mistake again, he told Ariel Helwani on Tuesday’s special 2017 year-end awards episode of The MMA Hour.

“First time I ever met him, he was nice,” said Gaethje, who won The MMA Hour’s Fight of the Year and Round of the Year for his battle with Michael Johnson in July. “Then [Lee] talked shit saying I was fan-boying over him. He doesn’t know what respect is. I’ll never show him respect again, that’s for sure.”

Gaethje said the two exchanged pleasantries at the UFC Summer Kickoff press conference before UFC 211 in Dallas back in May. The next time they encounter one another, there could be fisticuffs involved inside the UFC’s Octagon.

“I just like punching loudmouths in the face,” Gaethje said.

Gaethje (18-1) said he planned on taking some time off after losing an epic war against Eddie Alvarez at UFC 218 last month. The original plan was to stay out of the cage until summer 2018. Gaethje, 29, isn’t sure if it’ll play out that way, though.

“I’m sure I’ll get the itch sooner rather than later,” he said. “I said I wanted to wait around until June, July. But I’m sure I’ll get the itch sooner.”

Full read at the link: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/2/16842234/justin-gaethje-interested-in-kevin-lee-next-i-just-like-punching-loudmouths-in-the-face
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:22 am

Good matchup. Gaethje does really well with his slop style, Kevin Lee is a middle-of-the-road contender.

Return to “Super Dojo”