Max Holloway vs Frankie Edgar rescheduled for UFC 222

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Max Holloway vs Frankie Edgar rescheduled for UFC 222

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:54 pm

By Dave Doyle @davedoylemma Jan 8, 2018

Max Holloway and Frankie Edgar will meet after all.

Holloway (19-3), the reigning UFC featherweight champion, and Edgar (22-5-1), the former lightweight king, will meet at UFC 222 in Las Vegas on March 3. MMA Fighting confirmed an initial Monday report by MMA Junkie.

The duo were originally scheduled to fight at UFC 218 in Detroit last month. But Edgar had to pull out of the bout due to an orbital bone injury. Holloway, asking to keep the Detroit date, instead rematched the man from whom he took the title, Jose Aldo, and won via third-round TKO.

Holloway’s victory over Aldo was his 12th consecutive victory, the fifth-longest in UFC history. His last loss was decision in 2013 against current lightweight champion Conor McGregor, the only featherweight fighter to take McGregor the distance in the UFC.

Edgar, meanwhile, looks to become the fifth fighter in UFC history to hold titles in two different weight classes. Edgar is 7-2 since dropping to featherweight in 2013, with his only losses in that stretch coming to Aldo. The New Jersey native brings a two-fight win streak into the bout.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/8/16866388/max-holloway-vs-frankie-edgar-rescheduled-for-ufc-222
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 am

I just added it to the calendar thread, should be a great fight!

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Should be good. My money is on Holloway using his range to win, but Frankie rarely gets out-pointed. Should be a competitive match.

Return to “Super Dojo”