New weight-cutting requirements could force Max Holloway up to lightweight

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

New weight-cutting requirements could force Max Holloway up to lightweight

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:45 pm

By Peter Carroll @PetesyCarroll Jan 31, 2018

Max Holloway thinks it’s inevitable that he will move up to lightweight in the future.

The featherweight champion posted a picture of himself sitting at the UFC 223 press conference alongside two championship belts on Instagram over the weekend with a caption that read “It’s coming.”

On the latest episode of The MMA Hour, Holloway claimed that new weight-cutting restrictions would likely force him to move up a weight division in the coming years.

“If they change a few things around, I’m probably not going to be able to make 145. If it happens, it happens. If UFC keeps making new rules, I most definitely might have to step up. There ain’t no denying it,” he told Ariel Helwani.

“Everybody is talking about being champs and this and that. I’m a champion in my mindset. I’ve told you before, I’ve nothing but time on my side. Man, you might see me with two of these gold belts. Who knows? I’m trying to be a legend.”

Holloway claimed that he is already having trouble with new protocol that forces fighters to weigh in on arrival for fight week. If more rules are added, Holloway thinks it would become very difficult for him to compete as a featherweight.
Max Holloway thinks it’s inevitable that he will move up to lightweight in the future.

The featherweight champion posted a picture of himself sitting at the UFC 223 press conference alongside two championship belts on Instagram over the weekend with a caption that read “It’s coming.”

On the latest episode of The MMA Hour, Holloway claimed that new weight-cutting restrictions would likely force him to move up a weight division in the coming years.

“If they change a few things around, I’m probably not going to be able to make 145. If it happens, it happens. If UFC keeps making new rules, I most definitely might have to step up. There ain’t no denying it,” he told Ariel Helwani.

“Everybody is talking about being champs and this and that. I’m a champion in my mindset. I’ve told you before, I’ve nothing but time on my side. Man, you might see me with two of these gold belts. Who knows? I’m trying to be a legend.”

Holloway claimed that he is already having trouble with new protocol that forces fighters to weigh in on arrival for fight week. If more rules are added, Holloway thinks it would become very difficult for him to compete as a featherweight

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/31/16949532/new-weight-cutting-requirements-could-force-max-holloway-up-to-lightweight
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:33 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:Holloway claimed that he is already having trouble with new protocol that forces fighters to weigh in on arrival for fight week. If more rules are added, Holloway thinks it would become very difficult for him to compete as a featherweight.up-to-lightweight[/url]

What does this mean? Weigh In on arrival for Fight-Week.

Weigh-ins are usually Friday, the Fights are usually Saturday.

Does this mean fighters would have to make weight on Monday?
Does this mean fighters would have to make weight on Monday and Friday?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:09 am

evil-kungfool wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:Holloway claimed that he is already having trouble with new protocol that forces fighters to weigh in on arrival for fight week. If more rules are added, Holloway thinks it would become very difficult for him to compete as a featherweight.up-to-lightweight[/url]

What does this mean? Weigh In on arrival for Fight-Week.

Weigh-ins are usually Friday, the Fights are usually Saturday.

Does this mean fighters would have to make weight on Monday?
Does this mean fighters would have to make weight on Monday and Friday?

- I think that fighters have to stay close with a baseline weight. That way they dont cut much.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:33 am

Dude I love it, but that sounds complicated.

What will the limits be: 10 lbs? 20%?
What will the remediation be: lost purse?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:17 am

evil-kungfool wrote:Dude I love it, but that sounds complicated.

What will the limits be: 10 lbs? 20%?
What will the remediation be: lost purse?

- I think they lose a percentege of the purse.

Return to “Super Dojo”