Dana White: Conor McGregor ‘understands’ why he is being stripped of UFC title

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Dana White: Conor McGregor ‘understands’ why he is being stripped of UFC title

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:00 pm

By Peter Carroll @PetesyCarroll Feb 22, 2018

Dana White has claimed that he will strip Conor McGregor of the UFC lightweight title ahead of UFC 223.

Initially, the UFC president said he had already the addressed the title issue at a press conference in Boston for UFC 223 last month.

“I said in the last press conference that fight will be for the title. It’s not for the interim title, that fight will be for the title,” White told TMZ Sports.

White then suggested that he would strip “The Notorious” to facilitate the lightweight title showdown between Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov.

“Right,” he confirmed when asked if McGregor would be stripped of his title.

According to White, McGregor understands why he will no longer be champion.

“Is he upset? No, Conor understands. Conor made a lot of money, he wants some time off, but the division has to go on and the business has to go on.”

White went on to say he would like McGregor to fight the winner of the UFC 223 main event, but again underlined his belief that the Dubliner may never compete again.

“It was August and now it’s September. I say it all the time, when you get that kind of money…Conor might never come back. It’s a lot of money.”

White also revealed that Floyd Mayweather is not in “active negotiations” to compete in the UFC. He believes that a rematch between the undefeated boxer and McGregor should only happen in the Octagon and remarked “anything is possible” when asked if the fight could take place.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/22/17039630/dana-white-conor-mcgregor-understands-why-he-is-being-stripped-of-ufc-title
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”