Jose Aldo interested in UFC 224 fight with Jeremy Stephens

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Jose Aldo interested in UFC 224 fight with Jeremy Stephens

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:02 pm

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Mar 8, 2018

Jose Aldo has a name and a date in mind for his next UFC fight.

The former UFC featherweight champion is open to the idea of fighting Jeremy Stephens at the company’s upcoming pay-per-view event in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on May 12, he told Brazilian TV show Revista Combate.

Aldo said that the UFC originally approached him with the idea of fighting in April, but it would be too soon for him to get back in action. With the company returning to Rio de Janeiro for UFC 224, Aldo wants a featherweight clash with Stephens.

“I asked to fight him, he asked to fight me, so it will be a great fight,” Aldo said. “I’m waiting for them to set it up.”

Aldo (26-4) is looking to rebound for back-to-back TKO losses to featherweight champion Max Holloway, dropping to 1-3 in his last four UFC bouts. One of the greatest champions in UFC history, Aldo, hasn’t won since a UFC 200 decision over Frankie Edgar in July 2016.

Stephens (28-14), on the other hand, will enter his next fight riding a three-fight winning streak, capped off by a controversial second-round TKO finish over Josh Emmett in February. Prior to his most recent win, “Lil’ Heathen” stopped Doo Ho Choi and dominated Gilbert Melendez.

UFC 224 will take place at Rio de Janeiro’s Jeunesse Arena and features Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington for the bantamweight championship in the main event.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/8/17098474/jose-aldo-interested-ufc-224-fight-jeremy-stephens
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Props to Aldo. He could have asked for an easy fight.

Return to “Super Dojo”