Brent Primus injured; Michael Chandler vs. Brandon Girtz in the works for Bellator 197

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Brent Primus injured; Michael Chandler vs. Brandon Girtz in the works for Bellator 197

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:54 pm

By Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani Mar 20, 2018

Bellator lightweight champion Brent Primus has been forced to withdraw from his April 13 title defense against Michael Chandler after suffering an injured knee, MMA Fighting has learned.

As a result, Chandler will now face Brandon Girtz in the main event of the Bellator 197, which is set to take place at the Family Arena in St. Charles, Mo., sources say.

Chandler (17-4) is coming off a win over Goiti Yamauchi in January, while Girtz (15-7) most recently defeated Luka Jelcic in December.

It’s unclear at this time how long Primus will be out for. The Chandler rematch would have been his first title defense after winning the 155-pound belt at Bellator NYC last June by defeating Chandler.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/20/17145616/brent-primus-injured-michael-chandler-vs-brandon-girtz-in-the-works-for-bellator-197-main-event
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”