Wagner Prado vs. Chris Fields booked for KSW 44

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Wagner Prado vs. Chris Fields booked for KSW 44

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri May 11, 2018 1:48 pm

By Peter Carroll @PetesyCarroll May 11, 2018

UFC veteran Wagner Prado’s signing to KSW was confirmed Thursday, and the Brazilian has already booked a former Cage Warriors champion, Chris Fields, as his first assignment with the promotion for KSW 44 on Jun. 9 in Gdansk.

KSW confirmed the light heavyweight bout with MMA Fighting Friday following the official announcement of Prado’s signing on Thursday.

Prado (13-3-0) has gone 5-1 since his release from the UFC. He went on a four-fight winning streak on the Brazilian national scene following his last Octagon outing — a submission defeat to Ildemar Alcantara — before suffering a first-round TKO in the main event of WCFA 38 against Magomed Ankalaev.

“Caldeirao” returned to the win column in November when he stopped Armando Sixel with a flush knee in the first five minutes of their clash at Katana Fight 4.

Fields (12-7-1) was forced out of his last scheduled KSW bout as he was unable to travel due to the ‘Beast from the East’ storm grounding all fights from Dublin in the days leading up to the event.

The former Cage Warriors middleweight champion and TUF contestant has back-to-back wins since moving up to light heavyweight. He scored a first round submission over Dan Konecke at BAMMA 24 before taking a one-sided decision win over Michal Fijalka in his KSW debut.

The Irishman was adamant that a win in his cancelled bout with Marcin Wojcik would have booked him a title shot against KSW light heavyweight champion Tomasz Narkun. Due to take on a high-profile signing in Prado, it is most likely that the KSW 44 showdown will have title ramifications.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/11/17343568/wagner-prado-vs-chris-fields-booked-for-ksw-44
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”