UFC Fight Night Moscow officially announced for Sept. 15

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

UFC Fight Night Moscow officially announced for Sept. 15

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu May 17, 2018 12:31 am

By Peter Carroll @PetesyCarroll May 16, 2018

After a whirlwind of reports and speculation since early 2018, the UFC has finally made its first trip to Russia official.

The promotion announced its maiden voyage to the country via its social media channels on Wednesday morning. RT.com first reported that the UFC were targeting a Russian event way back in January.

UFC Fight Night Moscow will take place at Olimpiyskiy Arena. Tickets for the event will go on sale on Friday, June 1st.

“Russia is a key part of UFC’s international expansion strategy,” said David Shaw, Senior Vice President, UFC International and Content, per a UFC press release.

“The demand from our fans to bring a live event to Russia has been overwhelming, and with the vast potential this market holds for us, we knew this was the perfect time to bring UFC Fight Night to Moscow.”

According to the press release, the promotion has appointed Andre Gromkovski as Vice President for UFC Russia. Gromkovski will leading the strategic plan for the UFC’s transition into the market.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/16/17359918/ufc-fight-night-moscow-officially-announced-for-sept-15
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”