Karate Combat: Inception

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Karate Combat: Inception

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:29 am

- Thats is the streamof the first event from their channel.Its a cool event. Brings the memories of the 90s martial arts movies.
Hope the event grows!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:32 pm

I've been watching these on YouTube. They're actually good, the production is really good and a new direction, plus it's got bas as a commentator
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:00 pm

Bas Rutten!!! That was enough for me lol

A new direction indeed, this looks really unique

the outdoor ring in a parking lot of luxury cars?? lol looks like some Van Damme movie :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:16 pm

The fighting looks so much different than say K-1. I didn't expect that

Wouldn't it be more similar?

Are there no leg kicks?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:17 pm

Masato wrote:The fighting looks so much different than say K-1. I didn't expect that

Are there no leg kicks?

-No.Karatê looks very diferent. The k1 has a ring that makes the fighters have less space to move. Look at UFC when a karateka or taekwondo fighter compete.
Theres distinct diference btw stylles of karate. You used to see more kyokushin on K1. They move diferent for a shotokan guy for example.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Masato wrote:The fighting looks so much different than say K-1. I didn't expect that

Are there no leg kicks?

-No.Karatê looks very diferent. The k1 has a ring that makes the fighters have less space to move. Look at UFC when a karateka or taekwondo fighter compete.
Theres distinct diference btw stylles of karate. You used to see more kyokushin on K1. They move diferent for a shotokan guy for example.

Do you think a K1 fighter would go and wreck these guys then? I only watched a few matches but saw no leg kicks. Are leg kicks illegal?

Its interesting to get back to style vs style... I'm not a striking expert but this karate style looks a little messy sometimes, wonder how they propose to keep a K1 style of fighting from changing the concept of the event if it would be effective

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:46 pm

There's a bunch of different rules, no kicks to the thigh, no hooks, etc but they're changing them as they go until they find their balance
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Masato wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:

Are there no leg kicks?

Do you think a K1 fighter would go and wreck these guys then? I only watched a few matches but saw no leg kicks. Are leg kicks illegal?

Its interesting to get back to style vs style... I'm not a striking expert but this karate style looks a little messy sometimes, wonder how they propose to keep a K1 style of fighting from changing the concept of the event if it would be effective

- Not at those rules. A K1 fighter probaly would beat them at k1, muay-thai or Glory. And some karatekas would do well on kickboxing rules too.
Several of those guys are top karate competitors.

Like Rafael Aghayev:

Like Canuscter said, theres is no hook, no leg-kick and no clinch knee. I would like to see leg-kicks.

Return to “Super Dojo”