Woodley vs Till at ufc 228

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Illuminat3d0ne

Woodley vs Till at ufc 228

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:13 am

The best part of this is the punk ass bitch will get stripped as soon as the fight starts hahahahaha
Hopefully the faggot has to fight Usman when he returns and never gets a shot at the real title (Usman will destroy Covington imo)

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/24/1 ... or-ufc-228

Tyron Woodley’s next title defense won’t come against Colby Covington after all.

Woodley is set to defend his welterweight strap against undefeated contender Darren Till on September 8 in the main event of UFC 228. MMA Fighting confirmed the news Tuesday following an initial report by ESPN. The fight has yet to be formally signed, sources said.

Covington was the assumed next man in line for Woodley after winning the interim welterweight title last month with a decision victory over Rafael dos Anjos, however it appears the needs of the UFC’s busy pay-per-view schedule were not willing to wait for him. Covington underwent surgery on Tuesday to correct a nasal issue, per ESPN, and was not able to make the Sept. 8 date for UFC 228.

UFC president Dana White told ESPN that Covington’s interim title will now be stripped as soon as Woodley vs. Till is officially underway, a scenario that closely mirrors UFC 223’s lightweight situation with Tony Ferguson.

Woodley (18-3-1) is fast approaching the two-year anniversary of the night he captured the UFC welterweight strap with a first-round knockout of Robbie Lawler in July 2016. “T-Wood” has since defended or retained his title three times: Twice against Stephen Thompson, the first of which was a majority draw; and once with a unanimous decision over Demian Maia. Woodley underwent successful shoulder surgery following the Maia fight and has been out of action since.

Till (17-0-1), meanwhile, emerged on the UFC’s welterweight scene in explosive fashion late last year with a first-round knockout of Donald Cerrone at UFC Gdansk. The unbeaten Englishman followed up that performance by taking a narrow unanimous decision win over Thompson at UFC Liverpool, although Till missed weight by three pounds for the contest.

UFC 228 takes place at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. A women’s flyweight title bout between Nicco Montano and Valentina Shevchenko co-headlines the event.

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:20 am

I'd be amazed if that fight isn't worse than both Woodley's fights with Wonderboy and Till's fight with him

You know Woodley is barely going to engage, and Till thinks he's Albert Einstein in there, he's going to do just enough to win rounds in his own eyes so I hope he gets screwed by the judges. Machida used to do the same thing, would land 1 more strike then expect to get the round and his fans would claim robbery if he didn't (get the round)

sorry to be negative again, I really dislike Darren Till, and his claims that Woodley won't be able to take him down are ridiculous .. it's like he's forgotten his previous UFC fights where he struggled off his back and was taken down easily.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:00 am

Illuminat3d0ne wrote:The best part of this is the punk ass bitch will get stripped as soon as the fight starts hahahahaha
Hopefully the faggot has to fight Usman when he returns and never gets a shot at the real title (Usman will destroy Covington imo)

Tyron Woodley’s next title defense won’t come against Colby Covington after all.

Woodley is set to defend his welterweight strap against undefeated contender Darren Till on September 8 in the main event of UFC 228. MMA Fighting confirmed the news Tuesday following an initial report by ESPN. The fight has yet to be formally signed, sources said.

Covington was the assumed next man in line for Woodley after winning the interim welterweight title last month with a decision victory over Rafael dos Anjos, however it appears the needs of the UFC’s busy pay-per-view schedule were not willing to wait for him. Covington underwent surgery on Tuesday to correct a nasal issue, per ESPN, and was not able to make the Sept. 8 date for UFC 228.

UFC president Dana White told ESPN that Covington’s interim title will now be stripped as soon as Woodley vs. Till is officially underway, a scenario that closely mirrors UFC 223’s lightweight situation with Tony Ferguson.

Woodley (18-3-1) is fast approaching the two-year anniversary of the night he captured the UFC welterweight strap with a first-round knockout of Robbie Lawler in July 2016. “T-Wood” has since defended or retained his title three times: Twice against Stephen Thompson, the first of which was a majority draw; and once with a unanimous decision over Demian Maia. Woodley underwent successful shoulder surgery following the Maia fight and has been out of action since.

Till (17-0-1), meanwhile, emerged on the UFC’s welterweight scene in explosive fashion late last year with a first-round knockout of Donald Cerrone at UFC Gdansk. The unbeaten Englishman followed up that performance by taking a narrow unanimous decision win over Thompson at UFC Liverpool, although Till missed weight by three pounds for the contest.

UFC 228 takes place at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. A women’s flyweight title bout between Nicco Montano and Valentina Shevchenko co-headlines the event.

- Thats isnt fair to the guy!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:40 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Illuminat3d0ne wrote:The best part of this is the punk ass bitch will get stripped as soon as the fight starts hahahahaha

- Thats isnt fair to the guy!

Even though I don't like Colby, i have to agree
Hated it when the same thing happened to Tony

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Till only fought boring that one time, he might KO Woodley.

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:44 pm

if Nicolas Dalby can light Darren Till up and dominate him on the ground, so can Woodley. Also I still question Till's cardio, he was reeling like Conor vs Floyd in the 3rd round of that fight and wasn't far off getting stopped. Given that Till clearly won the first 2 rounds and still only came out of it with a draw should give you a good indication of how rough that 3rd round was for him.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:43 am

Jehannum wrote:if Nicolas Dalby can light Darren Till up and dominate him on the ground, so can Woodley. Also I still question Till's cardio, he was reeling like Conor vs Floyd in the 3rd round of that fight and wasn't far off getting stopped. Given that Till clearly won the first 2 rounds and still only came out of it with a draw should give you a good indication of how rough that 3rd round was for him.

Woodly isn't exactly going to push the pace on him.

Till is a good stylistic matchup to beat Woodly. He likes ring-cut, corner people on the cage, and break through their guard with elbows.

Can he stop the takedown attempts? I have no idea.

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:02 am

evil-kungfool wrote:
Jehannum wrote:if Nicolas Dalby can light Darren Till up and dominate him on the ground, so can Woodley. Also I still question Till's cardio, he was reeling like Conor vs Floyd in the 3rd round of that fight and wasn't far off getting stopped. Given that Till clearly won the first 2 rounds and still only came out of it with a draw should give you a good indication of how rough that 3rd round was for him.

Woodly isn't exactly going to push the pace on him.

Till is a good stylistic matchup to beat Woodly. He likes ring-cut, corner people on the cage, and break through their guard with elbows.

Can he stop the takedown attempts? I have no idea.
Woodley might press the action, watch his title fight against Lawler. Also, his best moments against Thompson came when he went forward, he's not just a dangerous counter puncher. He should have a good idea of how Till intends to fight him too IMO

Return to “Super Dojo”