McGregor to challenge Khabib Nurmagomedov for lightweight title at UFC 229

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Vutulaki

Re: McGregor to challenge Khabib Nurmagomedov for lightweight title at UFC 229

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:49 am

Luigi wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:I thought Elvis was white?

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

When I say white I mean anglo not jungle white.

A lot of Australians/Kiwis think of it this way and your posts actually make a lot more sense in this light. In North America we have lived beside English, Italians, Ukrainians, etc. for generations, we don't really think of them as otherly.

We dont either, no one really gets excited about race here, its you north americans who are obsessed with it. We dont talk about the "black/white/brown vote" for example

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:05 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Luigi wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
When I say white I mean anglo not jungle white.

A lot of Australians/Kiwis think of it this way and your posts actually make a lot more sense in this light. In North America we have lived beside English, Italians, Ukrainians, etc. for generations, we don't really think of them as otherly.

We dont either, no one really gets excited about race here, its you north americans who are obsessed with it. We dont talk about the "black/white/brown vote" for example

I wasn't saying you were obsessed, Im saying here we have no concept of "Jungle whites" or anything like that.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:17 am

oh you have it too, its just different. Think about how a white european jew is viewed vs a WASP for example.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:47 am

Growing up it seemed like the biggest divide among us was Catholics and non-Catholics. It was never that serious though.

Return to “Super Dojo”