Cus D'Amato talks 16 Yr old Tyson

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:35 pm

He knew:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:05 pm

Here is a fascinating vid, Teddy Atlas talks Mike Tyson:

Very interesting.

In the first 5-6 minutes he (amazingly) rips on Tyson, saying that regardless of his record, he believes Tyson in reality is 0-5 (0 wins, 5 losses). He goes on to explain that he believes its NOT a fight, unless there is a resistance. He goes on to say that you're not a lawyer until shit goes wrong in the courtroom, judge throws all your evidence out, and you still pull it off. He says you're not a doctor until you have a kid bleeding and what's happening is not in the textbook, and you find a way and save the kids life. Same in a fight, you're not in a fight until there is something to overcome.

He says that Tyson was so physically gifted that all his wins were not real 'fights', and that the few times Tyson was actually in a real FIGHT, he lost.

Big words, but its Teddy Atlas. Super insightful.

Remember this the next time life gets hard, folks.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Also interesting, Teddy says that if you have done weak shit in your life, if you know you've done weak things, then when you are tested in life, those things come to the surface, remind you of what you've done and who you are, and make it harder to find real courage/strength

So don't do weak shit!! lol even the little things, they muddy the waters when you need to believe in yourself

Wise stuff. Hope Tyson doesn't come and knock him block off for talkin trash about him on the JRE, lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:59 am

Masato wrote:Here is a fascinating vid, Teddy Atlas talks Mike Tyson:

Very interesting.

In the first 5-6 minutes he (amazingly) rips on Tyson, saying that regardless of his record, he believes Tyson in reality is 0-5 (0 wins, 5 losses). He goes on to explain that he believes its NOT a fight, unless there is a resistance. He goes on to say that you're not a lawyer until shit goes wrong in the courtroom, judge throws all your evidence out, and you still pull it off. He says you're not a doctor until you have a kid bleeding and what's happening is not in the textbook, and you find a way and save the kids life. Same in a fight, you're not in a fight until there is something to overcome.

He says that Tyson was so physically gifted that all his wins were not real 'fights', and that the few times Tyson was actually in a real FIGHT, he lost.

Big words, but its Teddy Atlas. Super insightful.

Remember this the next time life gets hard, folks.

- Im not a Tyson fan. But is disrespectful rip the guy like this. If he was physically superior to his oponnents wasnt his fault!

And Tyson was a pro-wrestling fan.He knew who where the superior warriors!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”