Yoel Romero vs. Alexander Gustafsson title bout at MSG

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Yoel Romero vs. Alexander Gustafsson title bout at MSG

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:12 pm

The UFC is looking to book a light heavyweight matchup between Yoel Romero and Alexander Gustafsson

By Lewis Mckeever @Mckeever89 Sep 26, 2018

UFC 230 is still without a main event, but the premiere fight promotion is looking to book a light heavyweight bout between Yoel Romero and Alexander Gustafsson, according to ESPN’s Ariel Helwani.

Helwani states that both men could square off for the interim or official light heavyweight title, depending on Daniel Cormier’s next move.

Romero, a former title challenger at 185 pounds, hinted at a move up to the light heavyweight division after his split decision loss to middleweight champion Robert Whittaker at UFC 225.

The Cuban had previously stated that he could not compete at UFC 230 due to him needing at least 4-5 months to heal from surgery, but perhaps circumstances have changed. ‘Soldier of God’ was originally teased to fight middleweight prospect Paulo Costa at the New York PPV.

Gustafsson, who has recently been angling for a rematch with former light heavyweight champ Jon Jones, hasn’t fought since his impressive knockout win over Glover Teixeira in 2017. It’s been well over a year since Gustafsson last set foot in the Octagon, and the Swede is clearly itching to get back to action.

Cormier, the current light heavyweight and heavyweight titleholder, is expected to defend his heavyweight title against Brock Lesnar before he returns to the light heavyweight division.

UFC 230, which will feature a pivotal lightweight bout between Nate Diaz and Dustin Poirier in the co-main event, is scheduled to take place on Nov. 3 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/26/17905106/ufc-230-new-york-mma-news-report-yoel-romero-alexander-gustafsson-fight-madison-square-garden-msg
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:01 pm

Would be a great fight.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:11 pm

I’d rather see Jones - Gustafson 2

Return to “Super Dojo”