Bellator Heavyweight Grand Prix final to be held in Los Angeles on Jan. 26

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Bellator Heavyweight Grand Prix final to be held in Los Angeles on Jan. 26

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:06 pm

By Jose Youngs @JoseYoungs Oct 2, 2018

Fan will witness the crowning of a new Bellator heavyweight champion inside The Forum in Los Angeles on Jan 26.

MMAFighting confirmed the initial report from the Los Angeles Times.

The event will be the culmination of the promotion’s Heavyweight Grand Prix, which kicked off in January when fans saw Chael Sonnen defeat Quinton “Rampage” Jackson to punch his ticket to the the tournament’s semifinals. Ryan Bader and Fedor Emelianenko later knocked out Muhammad “King Mo” Lawal and Frank Mir respectively. Matt Mitrione also outpointed Roy Nelson to close out the opening matchups.

Mitrione and Bader will now face off in the main event of Bellator 207 while Emelianenko takes on Sonnen at Bellator 208.

The winners of the two matchups will then move on final round to challenge for the promotion’s vacant heavyweight champion.

The will mark Bellator’s third trip to The Forum. They previously brought fight fans Bellator 170 and Bellator 192, both of which featured Sonnen taking on former UFC champions in Tito Ortiz and Jackson.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10/2/17930910/bellator-heavyweight-grand-prix-final-to-be-held-in-los-angeles-on-jan-26
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”