Fight of the Year | Wilder vs Fury

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Canuckster

Re: Fight of the Year | Wilder vs Fury

Postby Canuckster » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:02 am

I haven't watched, but it's pretty much unanimous that it was a robbery from everything I've read.

I hear the odds were -2600 for a draw on the betting lines? I don't bet and don't even know if that # is correct it might be +2600 whatever the most profitable one was.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:30 am

Masato wrote:Did anyone watch the fight?

I didn’t but sure sounded exciting. If you watched what did you think of the judges call?

I’ll be curious to hunt for a vid if it, sorry I missed it live looked like a good show. Good for boxing

Bro it was legendary, I watched it with my friends who dont watch boxing and we were all going crazy.
[spoiler]
Fury is outclassing him for the first half of the fight then Wilder scores a knockdown. Fury seems unphases and comes backs sticking his tongue out at Wilder and swinging it around like a demon king, and he takes over the fight again. Then in the last round Wilder hits him with a 2 piece and Fury looks dead, eyes closed flat on the canvas for the first 5 seconds then does an Undertaker sit up and makes the count at 9. He then takes it to Wilder and looks better in the final half a round.

At the boxing scene forum 84% of users had Fury winning, on Sherdog boxing forum 92% had Fury winning. Many think this was done to ensure a rematch and hence more money.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:34 am

Canuckster wrote:I haven't watched, but it's pretty much unanimous that it was a robbery from everything I've read.

I hear the odds were -2600 for a draw on the betting lines? I don't bet and don't even know if that # is correct it might be +2600 whatever the most profitable one was.

Going into round 12 the odds were like 1000/1 for Fury to win.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:26 am

Cool vid of the fight.

Round 12 starts @ 18:36:

Return to “Super Dojo”