Phil De Fries set for title defense against LHW champ Tomasz Narkun at KSW 47

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Phil De Fries set for title defense against LHW champ Tomasz Narkun at KSW 47

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:17 pm

By Peter Carroll @PetesyCarroll Jan 21, 2019

Tomasz Narkun will endeavor to grasp double champion status as the light heavyweight titleholder ventures up to heavyweight to take on champion Phil De Fries in the main event of KSW 47 on March 23 in Lodz, Poland.

KSW confirmed the super fight to MMA Fighting following an initial report from mymma.pl.

Polish legend Mariusz Pudzianowski was initially slated to face Olympian Szymon Kolecki in the headline bout of the evening, but the heavyweight tilt will no play co-main event to the newly announced superfight.

De Fries (16-6-0, 1 NC) takes a four-fight win streak into the bout. He has been victorious in his two tests date under the KSW banner to date.

His debut saw him dethrone highly touted former champion Michal Andryszak with a first round stoppage. In his next outing, he submitted Polish goliath Karol Bedorf to defend the heavyweight title for the first time.

Narkun (16-2-0) is considered to be one of the best talents outside of the UFC and Bellator. His last two outings saw him take back-to-back wins over promotional legend Mamed Khalidov. After submitting “Cannibal” in their first meeting, Narkun got the nod on the judges’ scorecards after their rematch at KSW 46.

The KSW lightweight champion is currently on an eight-fight win streak. The last time he tasted defeat was in his sophomore outing with the promotion at KSW 29 where he lost a majority decision to Goran Reljix.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/21/18191982/phil-de-fries-set-for-title-defense-against-lhw-champ-tomasz-narkun-at-ksw-47
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”