ONE Japan debut with Kevin Belingon vs. Bibiano Fernandes trilogy

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

ONE Japan debut with Kevin Belingon vs. Bibiano Fernandes trilogy

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:13 am

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Jan 27, 2019

Four titles will be on the line on ONE Championship’s first card in Japanese soil on March 31.

After having the longest run as a champion in promotion history seeing it end in a controversial split decision call in November, Bibiano Fernandes will meet Kevin Belingon a third time for the bantamweight gold in Tokyo, ONE’s Chatri Sityodtong announced.

Fernandes (22-4), who won 14 in a row prior to his recent defeat, submitted Belingon the first time they met in 2016. “The Flash” won 21 or his last 23 bouts, with both of his losses coming in decisions.

Belingon (20-5) held the interim title before the unification bout with Fernandes in November. “The Silencer” won seven straight under the ONE banner, including a victory over two-division champion Martin Nguyen.

ONE Championship: A New Era will take place at the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan, and features lightweight champion Eduard Folayang defending his crown against Shinya Aoki in the main event.

In the co-main event, atomweight queen Angela Lee meets strawweight champion Xiong Jingnan. Another title bout featured on the card is two-division champion Aung La Nsang putting the middleweight title on the line versus Ken Hasegawa.

ONE’s first show in Tokyo also includes the promotional debut of former UFC champions Demetrious Johnson and Eddie Alvarez, taking on Yuya Wakamatsu and Timofey Nastyukhin, respectively, as part of the flyweight and lightweight tournaments.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/27/18199322/one-japan-kevin-belingon-bibiano-fernandes-trilogy
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:27 am

Crazy they have a Lethwei guy as their MW champ. I kinda expect Ken to win by submission just based on it being Japan vs Burma.

Return to “Super Dojo”