Diego Sanchez vs. Michael Chiesa targeted for UFC 239

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Diego Sanchez vs. Michael Chiesa targeted for UFC 239

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:28 pm

By Jose Youngs @JoseYoungs Apr 9, 2019

A pair of winners from The Ultimate Fighter will throw down in Las Vegas.

On Tuesday, MMAFighting confirmed an initial report from ESPN of Diego Sanchez taking on Michael Chiesa at UFC 239 in Las Vegas.

Sanchez (29-11), who won the middleweight tournament during the inaugural season of TUF, is coming off a violent second-round TKO over Mickey Gall at UFC 235 in March. This win not only gave him his two-fight win streak since 2011 but marked his his first stoppage victory since 2008. Prior to this, “The Nightmare” snapped his two-fight losing skid with a decision over Craig White at UFC 228 in September.

To date, Sanchez’s seven Fight of the Night bonuses are tied Frankie Edgar and Nate Diaz for most in UFC history.

Chiesa (15-4), who won the lightweight tournament during season 15 of TUF, is coming off a second-round submission win over WEC and UFC interim champion Carlos Condit at UFC 232 in December. This marked the Spokane native’s first bout at 170 pounds after six years competing in the UFC’s 155-pound division. Prior to making the jump up in weight, Chiesa suffered back-to-back submission losses to Kevin Lee and Anthony Pettis.

UFC 239 will go down inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. With this latest addition, here is how the rest of the card stands:

Jon Jones (c) vs. Thiago Santos - for UFC light heavyweight championship
Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Holly Holm - for UFC bantamweight championship
Francis Ngannou vs. Junior dos Santos
Jan Blachowicz vs. Luke Rockhold
Jorge Masvidal vs. Ben Askren
Diego Sanchez vs. Michael Chiesa

(c) - champion

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/4/9/18302282/diego-sanchez-vs-michael-chiesa-ufc-239-las-vegas
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”