LFA’s Derrick Krantz steps in on short notice to fight Vicente Luque at UFC Rochester

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

LFA’s Derrick Krantz steps in on short notice to fight Vicente Luque at UFC Rochester

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed May 15, 2019 12:40 pm

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee May 14, 2019

Derrick Krantz is getting his UFC opportunity.

A standout in the Legacy Fighting Alliance promotion, Krantz has signed on to replace Neil Magny in a welterweight bout opposite Vicente Luque scheduled to take place this Saturday at UFC Rochester.

The 31-year-old Krantz announced his UFC signing via an Instagram post from his Longview MMA/Team 515 gym and later confirmed the matchup with Luque on his own social media accounts:

Krantz (24-10) has made a name for himself with exciting performances in LFA, most recently defeating Justin Patterson in March with a frightening first-round knockout to pick up his fourth straight win and seventh in his last eight bouts.

He’ll be well-matched with Luque (15-6-1), who will be looking for his fifth straight win. The 27-year-old Brazilian is 8-2 in the UFC with all of his wins coming by way of knockout or submission.

Luque was scheduled to face Magny in Saturday’s co-main event. It is not known if the change to the bout will affect its placement on the card.

UFC Rochester takes place at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, New York, and the main card will air on the ESPN+ streaming service.

See the updated lineup below (final bout order to be determined):

Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kevin Lee

Vicente Luque vs. Derrick Krantz

Aspen Ladd vs. Sijara Eubanks

Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Ian Heinisch

Charles Oliveira vs. Nik Lentz

Davi Ramos vs. Austin Hubbard

Megan Anderson vs. Felicia Spencer

Michael Trizano vs. Grant Dawson

Desmond Green vs. Charles Jourdain

Patrick Cummins vs. Ed Herman

Danny Roberts vs. Michel Pereira

Zak Cummings vs. Trevin Giles

Julio Arce vs. Julian Erosa

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/5/14/18623932/lfas-derrick-krantz-steps-in-on-short-notice-to-fight-vicente-luque-at-ufc-rochester
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”