Yoshihiro Akiyama’s ONE Championship debut set for June

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Yoshihiro Akiyama’s ONE Championship debut set for June

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue May 21, 2019 5:22 pm

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz May 20, 2019

Yoshihiro Akiyama will return to action for his ONE Championship debut on June 20, co-headlining ONE: Legendary Quest in Shanghai, China, against former welterweight title contender Agilan Thani, the promotion announced.

“Sexyama” (14-6, 2 no-contests) hasn’t competed since a decision loss to Alberto Mina in the UFC in 2015, parting ways with the North American promotion after winning in only two of his seven Octagon appearances.

Akiyama, who signed with the UFC in 2010 after going unbeaten for 14 bouts under the K-1 and Dream banners, holds UFC wins over Amir Sadollah and Alan Belcher, having lost to Chris Leben, Michael Bisping, Vitor Belfort and Jake Shields.

Thani (8-3) once challenged Ben Askren for the ONE title after going undefeated in his first six MMA bouts. Now, he looks to get back on track following stoppage losses to Zebaztian Kadestam and Kiamrian Abbasov in 2018.

Scheduled for June 15 at Shanghai’s Baoshan Arena, the event will be headlined by ONE atomweight muay thai champion Stamp Fairtex against Alma Juniku. The complete card, which features former The Ultimate Fighter contestants Gilberto Galvao and Anderson "Braddock" Silva, can be seen below.

MMA
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Agilan Thani
Reinier De Ridder vs. Gilberto Galvao
Koyomi Matsushima vs. Kwon Won Il
Fan Rong vs. Sherif Mohamed
Chen Lei vs. Anthony Engelen
Victorio Senduk vs. Phoe Thaw
Yoon Chang Min vs. Trestle Tan
Itsuki Hirata vs. Angelie Sabanal

Kickboxing
Tarik Khbabez vs. Anderson Silva

Muay Thai
Stamp Fairtex vs. Alma Juniku
Han Zi Hao vs. Andrew Miller
Rodlek PK.Saenchaimuaythaigym vs. Liam Harrison

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/5/20/18632341/yoshihiro-akiyama-one-championship-debut-june-shanghai-china
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”