Site Admin

Andy Ruiz Huge Fat UPSET

Postby Masato » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Wow, interesting

Andy Ruiz just wrecked Anthony Joshua.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:21 pm

Weird that the 2 top HWs in the world right now are thick chubby white guys (Tyson Fury), lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:07 pm

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:50 pm

Masato wrote:Weird that the 2 top HWs in the world right now are thick chubby white guys (Tyson Fury), lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 9bb5Dz6HpC

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:30 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:Weird that the 2 top HWs in the world right now are thick chubby white guys (Tyson Fury), lol

It makes me wonder actually that the ideal physique for HW might actually be closer to this than the typical MW or LHW body.

Fury, Ruiz, Cormier... I also think of George Foreman's comeback, so big and thick... Tank Abbott in his day really changed the game with sheer durable size and punching power even though his skills were limited... Mark Hunt, there are likely other examples. A big neck that can take a punch, a fat-armored body you can't bruise, a slower pace but able to go the distance, plus twice the punching power.

Wonder if we see a HW Boxing/Sumo hybrid evolved type of fighter in the next 5-10 years :D

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:42 pm

Masato wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:

It makes me wonder actually that the ideal physique for HW might actually be closer to this than the typical MW or LHW body.

Fury, Ruiz, Cormier... I also think of George Foreman's comeback, so big and thick... Tank Abbott in his day really changed the game with sheer durable size and punching power even though his skills were limited... Mark Hunt, there are likely other examples. A big neck that can take a punch, a fat-armored body you can't bruise, a slower pace but able to go the distance, plus twice the punching power.

Wonder if we see a HW Boxing/Sumo hybrid evolved type of fighter in the next 5-10 years :D

Ruiz is not ideal body type, but there have always been elite Fedor/Cormier-bods at HW. Also Ruiz went on twitter and dedicated his win to fat people and tagged Snickers, after which their official twitter thanked him and he changed his banner to a snicker bar. Might be a sponsorship deal incoming.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:23 am

Luigi wrote:
Masato wrote:

Ruiz is not ideal body type, but there have always been elite Fedor/Cormier-bods at HW. Also Ruiz went on twitter and dedicated his win to fat people and tagged Snickers, after which their official twitter thanked him and he changed his banner to a snicker bar. Might be a sponsorship deal incoming.

LOL I wanna see that snickers ad when they make it

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:48 am

Rumors are going around that Joshua was KO'd in sparring a week before the fight, some say by Agit Kabayel, some say by an American named Dawejko. During Ruiz's post fight interview you can see in the background Joshua's dad get in the ring and gets in Eddie Hearn's face and Joshua has to restrain him and says "its me fighting." People suspect AJ was considering calling off the fight but Hearn persuaded him not to. Its not totally unbelievable because Hearn is basically the one promoter not afraid to throw his guys to the wolves, e.g. when he matched Kell Brook against GGG and Amir Khan vs Canelo.

Update: a guy from sherdog says he is friends with Scott Quigg and he told him that medics were called to Joshua's dressing room 55 minutes before the fight. A source says his dad said AJ had an anxiety/panic attack before the fight and if true this was likely why the medics were called and why the dad was pissed at Hearn for allowing the fight to continue. The source seems legit. This was Joshua's first fight outside the UK so its not too surprising MSG spooked him.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:15 am

Dillian Whyte:

"I told Eddie if you want the belts back throw me in there."

"Joshua's not on the juice out there in the US."

"Ruiz made history, he could lose his next 10 fights and hes still in the books. He can eat ALL the tacos now."

Return to “Super Dojo”