Angela Lee, Aung La Nsang, Bibiano Fernandes title fights announced for ONE Championship’s 100th show

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Angela Lee, Aung La Nsang, Bibiano Fernandes title fights announced for ONE Championship’s 100th show

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:22 pm

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Jun 30, 2019

Angela Lee’s 2019 plans are set and they include a rematch with the only woman to beat her.

ONE Championship CEO Chatri Sityodtong announced Sunday that Lee (9-1) will defend her atomweight (115-pound) title against Xiong Jingnan (14-1) at the promotion’s 100th event, ONE Championship: Century on Oct. 13 in Tokyo. This will be a rematch from a show this past March that saw Jingnan successfully defend her strawweight (125-pound) title against Lee, who was moving up a division to chase a second belt.

Lee, 22, already has a fight scheduled for ONE Championship: Masters of Destiny on July 12 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. There, she will once again compete at 125 pounds against Brazilian jiu-jitsu ace Michelle Nicolini.

In the first meeting between Lee and Jingnan, it was Jingnan who controlled the majority of the action before finishing Lee with strikes in the fifth round to retain her title and hand Lee her first defeat. Now it will be Jingnan’s turn to attempt to become a dual-division ONE champion.

Two other title bouts were announced for the Oct. 13 show. Light heavyweight champion Aung La Nsang (25-10, 1 NC) will defend his title against heavyweight champion Brandon Vera (16-7, 1 NC), and bantamweight (145-pound) champion Bibiano Fernandes (23-4) will meet rival Kevin Belingon (20-6) for a fourth time after their last meeting ended in disappointing fashion when Belingon was disqualified for the use of illegal elbows to the back of Fernandes’s head.

Sityodtong also announced that ONE Championship: Century will see the finals of the Featherweight World Grand Prix for kickboxing, as well as the finals for the ONE Lightweight and Flyweight World Grand Prix tournaments for MMA.

A series of bouts pitting fighters from the Shooto promotion against fighters from the Pancrase promotion will also be featured on the card.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/30/20545421/angela-lee-aung-la-nsang-bibiano-fernandes-title-fights-announced-for-one-championships-100th-show
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”