Kron Gracie vs. Cub Swanson targeted for UFC event in October

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Kron Gracie vs. Cub Swanson targeted for UFC event in October

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:58 pm

By Guilherme Cruz and Damon Martin Jul 10, 2019

A featherweight clash between Kron Gracie and Cub Swanson is verbally agreed for UFC’s Fight Night show on Oct. 12, multiple sources confirmed the news to MMA Fighting following reports by Combate and ESPN.

The promotion has yet to announce the exact location for the card.

Gracie (5-0) made quick work of Alex Caceres in his UFC debut, submitting the longtime Octagon veteran with a rear-naked choke in just two minutes after a 26-month layoff. The son of Rickson Gracie won his four pre-UFC matches by submission in Japan.

Swanson (25-11), who has way more experience than the Brazilian in the mixed martial arts world, will attempt to snap a four-fight losing skid against Brian Ortega, Frankie Edgar, Renato Moicano and Shane Burgos. Swanson holds UFC wins over the likes of Dustin Poirier, Charles Oliveira and Jeremy Stephens.

The only opponent both Gracie and Swanson have in common is Tatsuya Kawajiri. Three months after Swanson defeated the Japanese veteran via decision at UFC Salt Lake City in Aug. 2016, Gracie choked him out at Rizin. It was the first and only time Gracie has ever gone past the first round in his MMA career.

The UFC Fight Night card will be headline by a strawweight contest between former UFC champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk and rising contender Michelle Waterson.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/10/20688886/kron-gracie-cub-swanson-ufc-october
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”