Sergio Pettis books Bellator debut on same card as Cris Cyborg vs. Julia Budd

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Sergio Pettis books Bellator debut on same card as Cris Cyborg vs. Julia Budd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:16 pm

By Damon Martin @DamonMartin Dec 11, 2019

Former UFC contender Sergio Pettis will make his Bellator debut on Jan. 25 against Alfred Khashakyan as part of the same card featuring Cris Cyborg in her first promotional appearance against Julia Budd.

Bellator officials confirmed the news to MMA Fighting on Tuesday following an initial report from MMAJunkie.

Pettis signed with Bellator following the conclusion of his most recent contract with the UFC following a win over Tyson Nam in his last appearance inside the Octagon. While competing at both bantamweight and flyweight, Pettis went 9-5 in the UFC including a 2-2 run in his final four fights with the promotion.

He joins Bellator exclusively as a bantamweight because the organization doesn’t currently promote a 125-pound division.

In his first appearance at Bellator 238, Pettis faces Khashakyan, who is 11-4 overall while currently riding a three-fight win streak. Khashakyan previously appeared on Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series where he suffered a knockout loss to Sean O’Malley.

Pettis vs. Khashakyan joins a strong lineup headed to The Forum in Inglewood, Calif. with Cyborg vs. Budd competing for the Bellator women’s featherweight title in the main event while Darrion Caldwell meets Adam Borics in the next round of the ongoing Bellator Featherweight Grand Prix.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/12/11/21010507/sergio-pettis-books-bellator-debut-on-same-card-as-cris-cyborg-vs-julia-budd
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”