Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik expected to headline UFC Columbus

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik expected to headline UFC Columbus

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:27 pm

By Damon Martin @DamonMartin Dec 13, 2019

The UFC’s return to Ohio will be capped off by a huge main event.

Heavyweights Francis Ngannou and Jairzinho Rozenstruik have agreed to meet at the upcoming UFC Fight Night card on March 28 at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus.

Multiple sources confirmed verbal agreements are in place for the fight when speaking to MMA Fighting on Thursday. ESPN initially reported the contest.

Ngannou has been anxiously awaiting his chance to get back into action after his anticipated title shot faded away with the announcement that the UFC is plotting a trilogy between Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier sometime in 2020.

Rather than sit on the sidelines, Ngannou asked to be booked for a different fight as soon as possible and now it appears he’ll get back in action in March. The ferocious knockout artist has won three straight fights including victories over former champions Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos.

Meanwhile, Rozenstruik is still perfect in his career with a 10-0 record overall including four knockouts in the UFC. In his most recent fight, Rozenstruik finished former heavyweight title contender Alistair Overeem with just four seconds remaining in the final round in his first UFC main event.

Afterwards, Rozenstruik asked to face Ngannou in his next fight and now his wish has been granted.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/12/13/21019696/francis-ngannou-vs-jairzinho-rozenstruik-expected-to-headline-ufc-columbus
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”