Anthony Smith to fight Glover Teixeira in UFC Lincoln main event, four other fights added

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Anthony Smith to fight Glover Teixeira in UFC Lincoln main event, four other fights added

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:10 pm

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Jan 24, 2020

A pair of past light heavyweight title challengers are set to collide.

The UFC announced Friday that Anthony Smith (32-14) will fight Glover Teixeira (30-7) in a light heavyweight main event at an upcoming Fight Night show at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Neb., on April 25.

Both fighters will look to continue their winning ways, with Smith having defeated Alexander Gustafsson by fourth-round submission in the main event of UFC Stockholm last June and Teixeira winning three straight against Nikita Krylov, Ion Cutelaba, and Karl Roberson.

Smith, who has roots in Omaha, has won four of his last five, with his lone loss taking place at UFC 235 where he dropped a five-round unanimous decision to UFC champion Jon Jones. The 31-year-old has found new life at 205 pounds after competing at middleweight for much of his career.

Teixeira, 40, had his shot at Jones’s title back at UFC 172 in April 2014. Like Smith, Teixiera was unable to win over the judges after going 25 minutes with “Bones.”

Also announced for the event, Antonina Shevchenko (8-1) meets Cynthia Calvillo (8-1-1) in a flyweight bout, Evan Dunham (18-8-1) returns from a brief retirement to fight Michael Johnson (19-15) at 155 pounds, Andrew Sanchez (11-5) fights Zak Cummings (23-7) in a middleweight bout, and welterweights Anthony Rocco Martin (17-5) and David Zawada (17-5) face off.

This event marks the UFC’s second trip to Lincoln after holding a show there in August 2018. That card was headlined by a lightweight bout between Justin Gaethje and James Vick.

The UFC Lincoln main card will air on the ESPN+ streaming service.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/24/21080892/anthony-smith-to-fight-glover-teixeira-in-ufc-lincoln-main-event-four-other-fights-added
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”