Shogun’ Rua vs. Rogerio Nogueira trilogy to UFC 250

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Shogun’ Rua vs. Rogerio Nogueira trilogy to UFC 250

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:23 pm

By Guilherme Cruz and Damon Martin Feb 20, 2020

Mauricio Rua and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira will meet inside the cage for a third time at UFC 250 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on May 9, multiple sources confirmed to MMA Fighting following a report by ESPN.

“Shogun” and “Minotouro” first fought inside the PRIDE ring in June 2005, when Rua won a close unanimous decision. Rua, who had beaten Quinton Jackson two months prior to that, went on to win the company’s tournament with stoppages against Alistair Overeem and Ricardo Arona.

The Brazilian duo met one more time in 2015, two years after an initial date for the rematch. The second bout went down in Rio de Janeiro, and the former UFC light heavyweight champion once again had his hand raised in the end after three close rounds.

This contest could mark the retirement of both veterans, with Rua having turned 38 in November and Nogueira turning 44 in June.

Rua (26-11-1) scored wins over Corey Anderson and Gian Villante after UFC 190, but came up short against Anthony Smith in 2018. Shogun bounced back with a third-round knockout over Tyson Pedro later that year, and fought to a draw with Paul Craig last November.

Much like Rua, Nogueira (23-9) dealt with injuries throughout his entire UFC run. The twin brother of former UFC and PRIDE champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira went 2-2 since his last fight with Shogun, finishing Patrick Cummins and Sam Alvey. His losses came in stoppages versus Ryan Bader and Ryan Spann.

UFC 250 will take place at the Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and air live on pay-per-view. The promotion has yet to announce the headlining attraction.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/2/20/21146043/ufc-shogun-rua-rogerio-nogueira-trilogy-ufc-250-brazil
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”