Henry Cejudo vs. Jose Aldo set for UFC 250

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Henry Cejudo vs. Jose Aldo set for UFC 250

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:23 pm

By MMA Fighting Newswire Feb 24, 2020

“Triple C” will attempt to make a once-dominant ex-champ bend the knee.

Former two-division champ and current bantamweight titleholder Henry Cejudo will face ex-featherweight champ at UFC 250, which takes place May 9 in Sao Paulo. The news was first confirmed by UFC broadcast partner ESPN.com after Combate reported it was in the works to serve as the pay-per-view event’s headliner. A person with knowledge of the booking also confirmed the pending matchup to MMA Fighting.

UFC 250 takes place at Ginasio do Ibirapuera in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Cejudo called for a matchup with Aldo following the ex-champ’s debut at bantamweight, which came at UFC 245 and ended in a controversial decision loss to Marlon Moraes, whom Cejudo defeated to capture the bantamweight title.

Despite loud protests from contenders within the bantamweight division, Cejudo was able to get the matchup with Aldo after relinquishing the flyweight title, which will go to a new champion on Saturday when Joseph Benavidez faces Deiveson Figueiredo at UFC Norfolk.

A shoulder injury delayed Cejudo’s return to the octagon, and the former champ-champ was coy about his plans for defending his dual titles. After giving up the flyweight belt, he narrowed in on Aldo, whose move to bantamweight came after a 2-3 run in the featherweight division he once reigned.

The Brazilian’s physical appearance caused much concern prior to his fight with Moraes. But he successfully made weight and kept the onetime title challenger on his heels throughout the bout, leading many MMA observers to conclude he was the rightful winner.

Cejudo hasn’t fought since his title-winning fight against Moraes, which came in June 2019 at UFC 238.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/2/24/21151478/henry-cejudo-vs-jose-aldo-set-for-ufc-250
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”