Double-champion Mateusz Gamrot returns against UFC vet Kevin Souza at KSW 53

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Double-champion Mateusz Gamrot returns against UFC vet Kevin Souza at KSW 53

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:41 am

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Mar 8, 2020

KSW two-division titleholder Mateusz Gamrot will finally return to action on March 21, but neither of his belts will be on the line.

The Polish promotion announced Friday that the featherweight and lightweight champion will meet former UFC fighter Kevin Souza in a non-title lightweight contest at KSW 53 in Lodz, Poland, on March 21.

Gamrot (15-0, 1 no-contest) hasn’t fought since Dec. 2018, when he dropped to 145 pounds to capture his second belt with a win over Kleber Koike Erbst. His lightweight title was last defended on March 2018, when he submitted Grzegorz Szulakowski in the fourth round.

Souza (18-5) is coming off back-to-backs wins in the Brazilian circuit following a sole appearance in the Bellator cage, when he lost a decision to Patricky Freire, and a submission defeat to Chas Skelly in his final UFC bout. Souza won three in a row in the UFC prior to that over Felipe Arantes, Mark Eddiva and Katsunori Kikuno.

A heavyweight showdown between Mariusz Pudzianowski and Quentin Domingos was scheduled for the main event of KSW 53, but Pudzianowski had to withdraw with an undisclosed injury. Welterweight champion Roberto Soldic now headlines the show opposite Marius Zaromskis.

Check the updated KSW 53 card below.

Roberto Soldic vs. Marius Zaromskis
Michal Materla vs. Patrik Kincl
Mateusz Gamrot vs. Kevin Souza
Michal Wlodarek vs. Denis Stojnic
Stjepan Bekavac vs. Przemysław Mysiala
|Daniel Torres vs. Vojto Barborik
Kamil Szymuszowski vs. Albert Odzimkowski
Gracjan Szadzinski vs. Bartlomiej Kopera

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/3/8/21168025/double-champion-mateusz-gamrot-ufc-kevin-souza-ksw-53
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”