Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:02 pm

Wow the Open Weight division!!

Amazing

Underrated legend imo

good find

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:22 am

I can't believe he's not black belt yet. He's destroying brown belts twice his size!

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:41 am

Diet Butcher wrote:I can't believe he's not black belt yet. He's destroying brown belts twice his size!

You think hed place in the BB div at the Pan Ams?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:05 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:I can't believe he's not black belt yet. He's destroying brown belts twice his size!

Good question, I wonder what instructor is giving him his belts.

He doesn't seem troubled by it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:13 pm

Just watched the match with the biggest guy again

- His coach has a strong Brazilian accent

- Even his brown belt looks quite fresh and new

Interesting guy
His energy speed and athleticism is off the charts.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:59 pm

Vutulaki wrote:

You think hed place in the BB div at the Pan Ams?

His athleticism alone can take him pretty far. IMO, the A games of brown and black belts are pretty close. Black belts may be more knowledgeable on things they suck at, but in competition, that doesn't even come into play. It'll be A game vs A game. So DJ has a chance for sure.

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:02 pm

BJJ definitely needs to evolve the Belt System and Time/Requirements to get a BlackBelt. LOOOONG GONE are the days when just knowing a Guillotine Choke allowed a small man to be invincible in Vale Tudo against those unfamiliar with BJJ.

This "Invincible" expectation is unrealistic when all things being equal Size/Strength matters and so it should not be expected that it doesn't and that the SMARTsized fellows should be able to easily defeat the Goliaths......

can't believe MM isn't a Black belt, absurd

....and absurd that BJJ black belt somehow takes longer than achieving a University Degree LOL.....seems like another "Follow the $$$ Trail" scheme

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

theraskal wrote:BJJ definitely needs to evolve the Belt System and Time/Requirements to get a BlackBelt. LOOOONG GONE are the days when just knowing a Guillotine Choke allowed a small man to be invincible in Vale Tudo against those unfamiliar with BJJ.

This "Invincible" expectation is unrealistic when all things being equal Size/Strength matters and so it should not be expected that it doesn't and that the SMARTsized fellows should be able to easily defeat the Goliaths......

can't believe MM isn't a Black belt, absurd

....and absurd that BJJ black belt somehow takes longer than achieving a University Degree LOL.....seems like another "Follow the $$$ Trail" scheme

- A tecnologo courso degree here takes two and half years. You can barally get to a taekwondo black-belt in that time period!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:29 am

theraskal wrote:

....and absurd that BJJ black belt somehow takes longer than achieving a University Degree LOL.....

As someone who has a double ungrad Id like to point out that this is possibly the dumbest thing to have been posted on this sub by anyone (except you most likely as I tend to ignore your drivel)

A black belt should take a lot longer to achieve for a myriad of reasons , only people without degrees and time on the matt would say otherwise.

Your expected to be able to apply what you learn at BB stage, at the end of your undergrad your expected to be able to find your way to a certain place everyday without getting killed in traffic in the process thats about it.

A BJJ BB a legit one hhas to not only know the technqiue but hhow to teach people, S&C at a reasonable level, comp prep including peaking and tappering, nutrition and actually make those things work IRL not cram for a test in an aiirconditioned hall

Return to “Super Dojo”