Mighty Mouse at the Panams 2024

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Mighty Mouse at the Panams 2024

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:45 pm

theraskal wrote:just did a quick check:

to become a NAVY SEAL takes 12 months and just LOOK at ALL THE SKILLS they must learn....yet BJJ black belt requires a DECADE?

doesn't seem like a very good Self-Defense system if it takes a DECADE to master the ability to defend oneself?

- THey train years before that. And they would get their asses kicked in unarmed combat by several kids enrolling in a wrestling program.
Being a navy seal is diferent than grappling in nmats, the other way around is also true.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:46 pm

theraskal wrote:just did a quick check:

to become a NAVY SEAL takes 12 months and just LOOK at ALL THE SKILLS they must learn....yet BJJ black belt requires a DECADE?

doesn't seem like a very good Self-Defense system if it takes a DECADE to master the ability to defend oneself?

- Judo here takes years. So does karate. Looks how many navy seals become cops and boucers and cant reatain a crack-head

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:47 pm

theraskal wrote:.....and I will also add that I humbly apologize if I caused offense with my mischief....but somebody give MightMouse a Black belt already :mrgreen:

- Benson was also a very-good grappler. Maybe M Mouse is sand-baggin?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:50 pm

Vutulaki wrote:The entry bar for enntering any tier 1 special forces is extremely high, BJJ isnt you dont have to survive hell week to get your white belt but youhave to survive it just to begin training for the seals and the vast majority are current or former military so of course they graduate a lot sooner. They are in full time training for a year whereas the average BJJ player isnt most may train for 3 nights a week at the start and have day jobs. Someone already tried explaining that a rich kidd who can train BJJ FT may be able to get there much sooner

Can you stop posting on this site? youre worse than the autists tactless and fatboy literally no one likes you or even njoys debating you or enjoys hating you youre too lame to even hate its weird

- The competitors take far fewer years to graduate. The same in karate and taekwondo. Today i think the average is fiver years. But guys train every-day, more than one time per day. But being a good competitor is diferent than having the ability to pass the art to other people.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:05 am

Masato get an ignore function built in or ill start my own forum again

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:25 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:The entry bar for enntering any tier 1 special forces is extremely high, BJJ isnt you dont have to survive hell week to get your white belt but youhave to survive it just to begin training for the seals and the vast majority are current or former military so of course they graduate a lot sooner. They are in full time training for a year whereas the average BJJ player isnt most may train for 3 nights a week at the start and have day jobs. Someone already tried explaining that a rich kidd who can train BJJ FT may be able to get there much sooner

Can you stop posting on this site? youre worse than the autists tactless and fatboy literally no one likes you or even njoys debating you or enjoys hating you youre too lame to even hate its weird

- The competitors take far fewer years to graduate. The same in karate and taekwondo. Today i think the average is fiver years. But guys train every-day, more than one time per day. But being a good competitor is diferent than having the ability to pass the art to other people.

Right the average weekend warrior doesnt train everyday though but point taken the more committted guys can get their BB quicker than 10 years, point still stands that a BJJ BB SHOULD take more than most undergrad degrees including law excluding medicine

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:16 pm

ok, so I see there is some stubborn argument against my example of Navy Seal and Green Beret. So I will use the USA MARINE. I don't think that people would consider it to be such an easy thing to do to become a USA Marine Infantryman. It's a rather ELITE Soldier I would imagine. So in my research I think it takes about 3 months to turn a civilian into a MARINE WARRIOR. And it seems that the USA MARINE Infantry Training School is around 14 weeks.

Like WARRIORS throughout HISTORY the Infantryman must master many skills to perform his role as society's WARRIOR class. I'm sure if MMA grappling were superior that the Military Minds would forego all the unnecessary various "Jutsu" trainings and just focus on some submission grappling to defeat their enemies.

conclusion: It does not take a DECADE to create a USA MARINE Infantryman to serve and defend his nation as part of its formidable WARRIOR class. In FACT it appears to take around 1 and half years?

and when one researches the history of FOUNDERS of Arts they will often observe a similar trend where an Founder studies system(s) 1-to-3 years then goes on to create whatever Kung Fu, Akidio, Judo, Jiujitsu method they develop.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:12 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:

Right the average weekend warrior doesnt train everyday though but point taken the more committted guys can get their BB quicker than 10 years, point still stands that a BJJ BB SHOULD take more than most undergrad degrees including law excluding medicine.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:20 am

Guys like BJ Penn and Caio Terra got their BBs in 3-4 years as adults training full time and pretty much living in the gym. Competition kids who start early, like Mica Galvao and the Ruotolo brothers, were probably black belt level by the time they are 16. But they can only be Blue at 16. So they get fast tracked to purple at 17, brown at 18, and then black by the time they turn 19. Galvao was tapping black belts as a 13 yr old green belt but didn't get his black until he was 18 or 19.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:01 am

Tapping bblacks at 13? insanne! my kid is 14 gets maybe a sub per class against white belt weekend warrior adults lol

Return to “Super Dojo”