Gun used in SF shooting belonged to a Federal Agent

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Daglord

Gun used in SF shooting belonged to a Federal Agent

Postby Daglord » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Gun in fatal San Francisco shooting belonged to federal agent
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-francisco-shooting-20150707-story.html#page=1

The gun used to fatally shoot a woman on the San Francisco Embarcadero belonged to a federal agent, sources confirmed Tuesday.

Kathryn Steinle, 32, was shot once in the back Wednesday while strolling on the tourist-friendly waterfront with her father. She died at a hospital a short time later.

Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, 52, pleaded not guilty earlier Tuesday to a murder charge and was being held on $5 million bail. In an interview with KGO-TV, which first reported the gun’s connection to the federal agent, Lopez-Sanchez said he had found the weapon wrapped in a T-shirt on the ground near a bench, and that it had accidentally fired when he touched it.

But he also said he had taken strong sleeping pills and his memory was murky.

No additional details about the gun were available Tuesday. The district attorney’s office declined to comment.

Lopez-Sanchez, 52, whom public defenders said Tuesday has only a second-grade education, participated in a rambling interview with KGO-TV over the weekend during which he admitted to firing a gun he said he had found wrapped in a T-shirt near a bench. But he said he did not remember much about the incident as he had taken strong sleeping pills.

It sounds like this francisco guy is a notorious liar, but could be something to keep an eye on.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:20 pm

remember this? related?

BMW pulls up, pistol whipping, stolen camera, very odd.

News Crew Mugged, Cameras Stolen at San Francisco Pier
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/NBC-Bay-Area-News-Crew-Mugged-Pistol-Whipped-at-San-Francisco-Pier-311452221.html

An NBC Bay Area news crew was attacked early Thursday morning while reporting a story in a mugging that injured the photographer, whose camera gear was also stolen. A second station was also robbed of its gear.

The brazen attack occurred just before 6 a.m. at Pier 14 in San Francisco, where the reporter and photographer – along with several other news stations – were covering a story about a woman who had been shot to death there the night before. NBC Bay Area is not identifying any victims of the attack.

As the two were about to go on air, a man pulled up to the curb in a black four-door BMW, approached the photographer and pistol-whipped him with a gun then shoved him to the ground, the photographer and reporter said. The man then grabbed the photographer's camera gear, and as he was struggling to get it inside his getaway car, returned to pistol whip the photographer again, the news crew reported.

The reporter was not injured and the photographer suffered a cut to his ear. The photographer was checked out by paramedics along the Embarcadero and declared OK. Both returned to work later to the warm embrace of their colleagues.

Witnesses said it appeared as though the attacker got into a getaway car, driven by someone else. There was possibly another person in the back of the car, too. Later, San Francisco police said there were three men, and one of them had dreadlocks. They drove off in what looked like a black BMW 7 with upgraded rims and no plates.

Another reporter from KCBS radio tweeted out a photo of an ammunition magazine left at the scene.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:15 am

I'm really not much of a conspiracy theorist, but this looks more suspicious than a clown watching children on a playground from atop a radio mast.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:37 pm

SRBrant wrote:I'm really not much of a conspiracy theorist, but this looks more suspicious than a clown watching children on a playground from atop a radio mast.

exactly! fed agent's gun left unattended on pier & that's pretty bold move for a simple mugging.

3-4 guys in BMW w/no plates pull up (in broad daylight & a highly populated area nonetheless) & pistol whip the cameraman, stealing his camera? all this takes place @ the scene of a shooting where the gun was reported to belong to a federal agent & was found wrapped in a t-shirt unattended near a bench?

seems legit. nothing to see here.

obviously this wasn't about money. camera?

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:06 pm

Daglord wrote:
SRBrant wrote:I'm really not much of a conspiracy theorist, but this looks more suspicious than a clown watching children on a playground from atop a radio mast.

exactly! fed agent's gun left unattended on pier & that's pretty bold move for a simple mugging.

3-4 guys in BMW w/no plates pull up (in broad daylight & a highly populated area nonetheless) & pistol whip the cameraman, stealing his camera? all this takes place @ the scene of a shooting where the gun was reported to belong to a federal agent & was found wrapped in a t-shirt unattended near a bench?

seems legit. nothing to see here.

obviously this wasn't about money. camera?

- Looks like a script from a Batman comic-book!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote: - Looks like a script from a Batman comic-book!

crazy isn't it?

you & me are gonna get along great man.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Gun in San Francisco killing stolen from federal agent's vehicle, source says
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/08/us/san-francisco-killing/

San Francisco (CNN)The gun used in the killing of a San Francisco woman in a case that gave new political prominence to the issue of illegal immigration was stolen from a vehicle belonging to a federal Bureau of Land Management agent, a source familiar with the investigation said Wednesday.

Kate Steinle was shot to death on July 1 on one of San Francisco's busiest piers.

Investigators still are trying to determine how Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, the man accused in Steinle's killing, allegedly obtained the .40-caliber pistol, according to the source.

The Bureau of Land Management said the service weapon was stolen from the officer's vehicle on June 27.

Lopez-Sanchez told CNN affiliate KGO-TV that he fired the weapon, but it was an accident. He said he'd found the gun wrapped inside a T-shirt before it accidentally went off.

It was not clear whether Lopez-Sanchez understood all the questions posed in English and Spanish during the KGO interview. He appeared disoriented and gave contradictory answers about what had happened and how he felt.

Shooting victim Kate Steinle known for thinking of others first

Lopez-Sanchez is an undocumented immigrant and a repeat felon who has been deported to Mexico five times, according to immigration officials.

The case has drawn the attention of presidential candidates and brought a renewed focus on U.S. immigration laws and the role local authorities should play in enforcing them.

The key question is whether San Francisco's policies set the stage for the shooting by putting a criminal on the streets instead of delivering him into the hands of federal authorities who could have deported him again.

Republican contender Donald Trump has blamed immigration policy for Steinle's death. Another Republican, Jeb Bush, agreed, saying such policies encourage crime.

What is a 'sanctuary city,' and why should you care?

In an interview Tuesday with CNN, Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton said San Francisco should have listened to the Department of Homeland Security and made a mistake when it didn't send Lopez-Sanchez packing.

"I have absolutely no support for a city that ignores the strong evidence that should be acted on. ... If it were a first-time traffic citation, if it were something minor, a misdemeanor, that's entirely different," she said. "This man had already been deported five times. And he should have been deported at the request of the federal government."

Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Lopez-Sanchez has seven felony convictions, four for drug offenses. His most recent deportation was in 2009.

On Tuesday, Lopez-Sanchez pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges. His bail was set at $5 million.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:17 am

San Francisco Pier 14 Shooting Suspect FULL Confession, Francisco Sanchez

Spoiler:
Published on Jul 5, 2015

Francisco Sanchez the san francisco pier 14 shooter didn't recall every detail because he says he doesn't remember everything that happened. But in the 45 minute jailhouse interview, he revealed how the shooting went down and why he kept returning to the United States after being deported numerous times.
Barnard: "Did you shoot Kate Steinle, the lady who was down at Pier 14."
Sanchez: "Yes."
Barnard: "You did shoot her?"
Sanchez: "Mm hm," he said with a nod.
EXCLUSIVE RAW VIDEO: SF Pier 14 shooting suspect speaks out
Francisco Sanchez, who's accused of fatally shooting a young woman at San Francisco's Pier 14, spoke exclusively to ABC7 News on July 5, 2015.
Steinle was shot and killed near the Ferry Building on Wednesday. Sanchez tells ABC7 News that the shooting was an accident. He says he was wandering on Pier 14 after taking sleeping pills he found in a dumpster.
Barnard: "Where did you get the gun?"
Sanchez: "In the ground. When the... when the... over there in the bench, um, um, I put my leg and I see the one T-shirt and then see over there something like that."
He claims a gun was wrapped in that T-shirt and that it went off when he picked it up.
"Then suddenly I heard that boom boom, three times," Sanchez said.
H claims he kicked the gun into the San Francisco Bay, lit up a cigarette, and walked off, not knowing he shot someone until he was arrested by police hours later. Sanchez reportedly first told police he was shooting at sea lions.
He appeared frail and nervous when he talked about returning to the U.S. after being deported back to his native Mexico five times.
Barnard: "Why did you keep coming back to the U.S., why did you come back to San Francisco?"
Sanchez: "Because I was looking for jobs in the restaurant or roofing, landscaping, or construction."
Sanchez said he knew San Francisco was a sanctuary city where he would not be pursued by immigration officials.
Sanchez: "Yeah, I'm feeling sorry for everybody."
Barnard: "You feel sorry for everybody? Including Kate Steinle's family?"
Sanchez: "Yeah."
In Spanish, Sanchez said the courts should give him the highest punishment so that he can tell her parents in court that he no longer wants to live.
ABC7 News reached out to the Steinle family on Sunday for their reaction to Sanchez's interview. They did not have any immediate comment, saying that right now their goal is preserving her memory.
At this point, Sanchez says he does not have an attorney.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:20 pm

Megyn Kelly takes on President Obama's silence after Kate Steinle's murder

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:43 pm

- But serious, how manny of this is a plot to hide the truth?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”