Donald Trump: establishment trojan horse?

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
The Anti-Archon

Re: Donald Trump: establishment trojan horse?

Postby The Anti-Archon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:05 pm

So...that sanctions bill, huh? Was that the death knell of the Trump presidency? Can he actually make any foriegn policy moves and be anything other than a figurehead now? Winnson, your thoughts. I'm looking for anything to tell me Honey Badger ain't done and this is just a hiccup along the path to MAGA. But, I don't know...

Trump Caves: Blackmailed by the Colluding Media, the President Signs Unconstitutional Sanctions Bill Demanded by AIPAC

https://willyloman.wordpress.com/2017/08/02/trump-caves-blackmailed-by-the-colluding-media-the-president-signs-unconstitutional-sanctions-bill-demanded-by-aipac/#more-41401

Posted on August 2, 2017 by willyloman
by Scott Creighton

The Germans and the French and the whole of the European Union opposed this bill. Not only is it unconstitutional and baseless in terms of it’s justification for sanctions against Iran, Russia and North Korea but it levels sanctions against other nations in the EU if they dare do business with Russia’s energy sector, which is the whole point of the bill.
And yes, it was a favorite of AIPAC.

And President Trump signed it all the same… under duress.

“The White House announced the signing shortly after 11 a.m. ET, saying the bill includes “a number of clearly unconstitutional provisions” that “purport to displace the President’s exclusive constitutional authority to recognize foreign governments, including their territorial bounds.” In a separate statement, Trump said he believed the bill to be “seriously flawed” but signed it anyway.

“Still, the bill remains seriously flawed — particularly because it encroaches on the executive branch’s authority to negotiate,” he said in the statement. “Congress could not even negotiate a health care bill after seven years of talking. By limiting the executive’s flexibility, this bill makes it harder for the United States to strike good deals for the American people, and will drive China, Russia, and North Korea much closer together.” CNN

How about that? Knowing it’s unconstitutional, the president is so tormented by the colluding press, he signs it just the same.
Probably because he knows if he didn’t they could impeach him after universal calls by the complicit media and votes from the AIPAC-owned congress cowards.

This bill is nothing more than an attempt to continue the war for Pipelandistan by different means on the Grand Chessboard. It has nothing to do with Russia hacking anything, since that obviously never happened and recent developments prove it never happened.
It has nothing to do with Iran trying to develop nuclear weapons since they aren’t and have never tried to develop nuclear weapons.
And it has nothing to do with North Korea building a nuke to launch at the US no matter how many lying late-night comedy pundits make jokes about it trying to normalize the propaganda.

And yes, AIPAC pushed for this bill along with the Israel Anti Boycott Act which ALSO targets the EU.

Some might say this is Tel Aviv flexing their muscle in the world in the face of growing opposition across the EU to their brutality and criminal activity in Palestine. Some might also say it’s got a little more than something to do with Russia helping Syria keep Israel from stealing the Golan Heights, which they have coveted (yes I am fully aware of the implications of the use of that term) for decades.
Whatever the reason for this sudden, absolute, bi-partisan agreement on the bill and it’s completely baseless justifications in congress, you cannot deny the FACT that the complicit main stream media served as a sort of Sword of Damocles dangling over the head of the accidental king held by a single Israeli hair.

Had Trump refused to sign or vetoed the unconstitutional power-grab by an AIPAC-fueled congress, they would have simply gone around him and passed it anyway. And when they did that, the press, acting in COLLUSION with a FOREIGN POWER (ISRAEL), would attack Trump mercilessly, demanding his removal from office… based on their MANUFACTURED STORIES of him COLLUDING WITH A FOREIGN POWER (Russia)
This bill, the support of it in congress and the complicit media’s apologist take on it, has laid bare the sordid, rotting underbelly of American politics in a way that few other developments have.

Trump gives them what the masters of the universe want in terms of regime change in Venezuela, austerity in America, tax breaks for the super wealthy, privatization campaigns without rival for them to profit from. He is the neoliberal wet-dream, just short of them putting the Chicago Boys in the Oval Office.

But that wasn’t enough. The Russian reset had to be undone and Europe’s sovereignty had to be challenged for their numerous discretions.
This abomination will not hold.

This coup, conducted by a certain segment of society, will not hold either for we now make aggressive actions toward Russia, Iran, North Korea and the WHOLE OF THE EUROPEAN UNION at once so that a few greedy fucks with enormous influence over the cowards in congress can make their last desperate grasp at a tarnished brass ring.

These sanctions will not force Russia into compliance with the New Middle East agenda.
They will not bully European nations into buying LNG from us instead of Russia.
They will not stop North Korea from developing defenses that keep the greedy regime change/privatized central banksters at bay.
And they will not isolate Iran from the rest of the world.
But they will isolate us which is of no consequence to those who demanded congress act unanimously in support of them… against the better interests of their own constituents.

I wonder what the Likudniks and Israel-firsters have in mind for us next.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:42 pm

Trump wants a bromance with Putin and they will have it. I can pretty much guarantee that.

That will happen and I cannot wait to see it! IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 6112112640

It is known.

The Anti-Archon

Postby The Anti-Archon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:36 pm

LOL. Get the fuck out of here, Trump says. I'll run my own security detail and you can keep your spies and turncoats in a trailer on the street. Love it.

Secret Service quits Trump Tower in dispute over lease

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40829550

The Secret Service has moved out of Trump Tower in New York City to a street-level trailer in a dispute with the Trump Organization over a lease.
The federal agency which protects US presidents has been renting office space in the Midtown Manhattan skyscraper since 2015.
But its representatives are baulking at the cost and other unspecified rental terms, reports the Washington Post.
The Trump Organization said the agency should look elsewhere.
Since Mr Trump became a front-runner in the presidential race two years ago, the Secret Service has stationed its command post in a unit one floor below his triplex residence.
But its nerve centre was relocated in early July this year to a trailer 58 floors below on the street, it has now emerged.

The General Services Administration, a government agency which arranges office space for federal employees, has been negotiating terms with the Trump Organization.
According to the New York Times, it was the president's real estate company that objected to the insertion of a clause in the contract.
The Trump Organization did not clarify the sticking point.
But in a statement to the BBC, spokeswoman Amanda Miller said: "After much consideration, it was mutually determined that it would be more cost effective and logistically practical for the Secret Service to lease space elsewhere."
Secret Service spokeswoman Catherine Milhoan told the BBC it was continuing the search "to obtain permanent work space in an appropriate location".

Mr Trump has not visited the tower since his inauguration, but his two adult sons, Eric and Donald Jr, often work there.
Security analysts say the Secret Service's relocation to a trailer outside could hamper radio transmissions between agents and the president's family inside the building.

GSA spokeswoman Pamela Dixon told National Public Radio in an email that the agency does "not comment on projects in active procurement".
The Secret Service is not the only government agency occupying space in Trump Tower.
The Pentagon is renting a 3,475 sq ft unit there for $130,000 ($100,000) a month, but it is reported to be privately owned so the Trump Organization will not profit.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:48 pm

I'm quite happy he's still breathing. After he won, I wondered if they'd try to rub him out right away.
They're still trying to shift the Overton window to where assassination is acceptable I think, but don't think it will wash anymore.
If they kill Trump now, all hell will break loose. I certainly hope so anyway.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:41 am

This story was posted a couple of weeks back on CDC by poster Harvey Specter during the week I was suspended. He included the profanity laced 'audio 1' recording that seems to have vanished from the internet. If anyone here still has access perhaps they could dig it up at the Trump/election thread over there on around July 21-24 or so.

Pulitzer-Prize Winning Reporter: FBI Report Shows It Was Seth Rich – Not Russians – Who Gave DNC Emails to Wikileaks

Posted on August 1, 2017 by WashingtonsBlog

We’ve noted for many months that the DNC emails were leaked by an insider, not hacked by the Russians.

Pulitzer-prize winning investigative reporter Seymour Hersh – who revealed in 1974 that the CIA was spying on Americans, who broke the story of the Mai Lai massacre in Vietnam and the Iraq prison torture scandal – said in a recent phone interview linked by WikiLeaks:

[The DC police took Seth Rich’s computer, but couldn’t get past his password.] So they call the FBI cyber unit.

The Feds get through [the password-protection on Rich’s computer], and this is what they find. This is accoring to the FBI report.

What the report says is that – some time in late spring or early summer – he [Rich] makes contact with WikiLeaks. That’s in his computer.

They [the FBI] found what he [Rich] had done was he had submitted a series of documents – of emails, of juicy emails – from the DNC.

By the way, all this shit about the DNC, where the hack, it wasn’t hacked …

He offered a sample, an extensive sample, I’m sure dozens of emails, and said I want money. [Remember, WikiLeaks often pays whistleblowers.]

Later, WikiLeaks did get the password. He [Rich] had a dropbox, a protected dropbox, which isn’t hard to do.

They got access to the dropbox. That’s in the FBI report.

He [Rich] also let people know with whom he was dealing … the word was passed, according to the FBI report, “I also shared this box with a couple of friends, so if anything happens to me, it’s not going to solve your problem”.

But WikiLeaks got access, before he was killed.

I have a narrative of how that whole fucking thing began. It’s a [former CIA director John] Brennan operation. It was an American disinformation [campaign].

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2017/08/p...leaks.html

el rey del mambo

The Anti-Archon

Postby The Anti-Archon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:19 pm

I really still want to believe that there is something different in the Trump presidency then all the others of my lifetime...but, that speech last night could have been given by any of the military-industrial puppets we've had before. The sanctions bill, the firing of Bannon and the doubling down on Obama-era rhetoric about Opiumistan doesn't bode well. I'm hoping this is just the calm before the storm of the Trump counter-offensive, but it looks a lot like the neocons have broke him and saddled him up to ride for the foreseeable future.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:35 pm

would recommend. nice break from the usual MIC-funded propaganda.

The thing about counterinsurgency is that it doesn't really work. We tried it in Vietnam. That went well... The British and the French gave it a shot trying to hang on to *their* crumbling empires... It just hasn't worked. To me, it would seem kind of simple why. You can't win the trust of a country by invading it. You can't build a nation at gunpoint.

President Karzai: Your predecessor, General Whelan! I liked him! I'm not entirely certain he liked *me*; he didn't visit very often. Why was he dismissed? It seems- uhh, one minute he was here- uh, next minute, not here.

Gen. Glen McMahon: Ah. Well, Mr. President, I think our government simply felt it was time our effort took a new direction.

President Karzai: And uh, what is this new direction?

Gen. Glen McMahon: Ah! It's most important to me that we *build* Afghanistan. Together, we build Afghanistan into a free and prosperous nation, free from fear and conflict.

President Karzai: I see.

Gen. Glen McMahon: Yeah.

President Karzai: I see. Sounds a lot like the *old* direction.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:57 pm

thought this was on point, still not convinced Trump is/was anything more than what we are seeing now.

6 Reasons Why Trump’s Afghanistan “Policy” Is Not a Deep State Plot
http://theantimedia.org/trump-afghanistan-deep-state-plot/

(ANTIMEDIA Op-ed) — Since Trump doubled-down on Afghanistan, his crestfallen cadre of internet devotees have expressed a variety of feelings ranging from loss to disappointment … and from anger and grief to disbelief. But one popular meme pins his “reversal” on the nefarious influence of those around him.

Apparently, Trump is suffering from a belligerent form of Stockholm Syndrome and “The Generals” are his conniving captors. Okay, let’s break that down:

1. Trump never had a “policy” of anti-interventionism. He was simply a troll who tweeted out oppositional statements attacking Obama’s foreign policy. If Obama was doing it … he was against it. He knew that no matter what, it was red meat for his future base. Then he grandstanded on Iraq to torpedo Jeb Bush. And he attacked Hillary’s militarism … because it was expedient. Go back and listen to him speaking at those rallies. The real Donald Trump is the guy who wants to “bomb the shit” out of ’em and take their oil and kill their families. The real Trump is the guy who proclaimed in his bizarre inauguration speech that “Radical Islamic Terrorism” was something he wanted to “eradicate completely from the face of the Earth.” And then he purposefully surrounded himself with generals. Sorry, but that wasn’t a Deep State plot by George Soros.

2. Trump actually tried to implement this “new” policy a couple months ago … shortly after he removed ROE restrictions on civilian causalities, which are through the roof, BTW. Just ask the parents of the all the dead children (that is, if they are alive to tell the tale). Originally, Trump wanted Mattis to use his discretion to increase troop levels, thus hanging the policy around Mattis’ neck. As ever, Trump is far more concerned about covering his own sweat-stained ass than he is the actual implications of any specific policy. Mattis said “no” because he wanted Trump on the record.

3. True to form, Trump was also dazzled by the possibility of America cashing-in on Afghanistan’s reputed trillion-dollar trove of copper, iron and rare earth minerals. The guy who dangled these shiny objects was “Michael Silver, the CEO of American Elements, a firm specializing in the production of advanced metals and chemicals,” according to Foreign Policy … and, like Trump’s thirst for Iraq’s oil, it fits the pattern of the true Trump.

4. Also true to form was his bizarre call for India to pony-up to help with a mess they didn’t have a damn thing to do with. Like Mexico’s unpaid bill for his unbuilt wall, it exposes Trump as the callow, baseball card-trading “dealmaker” he is and always has been.

5. Many are touting his “calling out” of Pakistan, but let’s be honest … who around the world takes Trump seriously? Two Pew surveys found that the world generally dislikes Trump’s version of America and America’s allies trust Putin over Trump. Add to that Trump’s sad “Chocolate Cake Incident” with President Xi at Mar-a-Lago, which encapsulated for the world exactly what a rank amateur actually looks like and sounds like. The coup de grâce was Trump’s hollow, histrionic penis-wagging at North Korea … and it is safe to say that no President of the post-World War II era has less international credibility than does Trump.

6. Finally, all that Bannon-Breitbart hoo-ha is just that … hoo-ha. The Teflon Don knows full-well that he can march 4k troops into the center of Afghanistan and shoot thousands of Afghanis … and his core supporters will still love him like a demigod. He even baked his own accountability exit strategy right into the speech when he said he was going against his instinct. He and his supporters will chant the mantra of “he was duped by the Deep State” should anything go wrong… and he and Bannon know full-well that actual consequences are unlikely when it comes to true believers. Bannon, Trump, and the Mercers also know they will gladly tune-in to watch their deposed leader, particularly if he can position himself as a martyred troll fighting an endless fight against the Deep State. Ka-ching!

The Anti-Archon

Postby The Anti-Archon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:24 pm

It's the fat man so take it with a grain of salt, but I think Pieczenik is dead on correct here. I do think Trump had a coalition of smart, reasoned people behind him who helped get him elected; people who truly wanted to extricate the US from the quagmire of endless war. He has failed them with this Afghanistan BS. Deep State 1, Trump 0.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:16 pm

I, for one, would welcome a return of the anti-war left. it's been far too long & would be a nice change from the (supposedly) anti-fascist LARPers, Russian scapegoat & Neo-Nazi fear mongering. there are some legit beefs, but they are not helping their cause.

Trump Offers Democrats an Opportunity to Finally Oppose Endless War in Afghanistan
http://theantimedia.org/trump-offers-democrats-opportunity-to-oppose-endless-war-in-afghanistan/

(SHADOWPROOF) — President Donald Trump’s plan to escalate the war in Afghanistan is largely a continuation of his predecessor’s policy in Afghanistan, including President Barack Obama’s decision to abandon withdrawal of United States military forces in his last year in office.

There was scant opposition to Obama’s pursuit of endless war during his presidency, and now that Trump effectively owns the agenda for war, Democrats have a political opportunity to finally oppose the war. However, at the moment, few are moving to boldly call for a full withdrawal of U.S. troops.

Trump announced the “new strategy” for Afghanistan will involve an approach based on “conditions” instead of a “time-based approach.” Obama’s policy in his last year in office, however, was based on “conditions” and largely why he abandoned plans for withdrawing United States military forces in July 2016.

He boasted of a “new strategy” that involved integrating “all instruments of American power: diplomatic, economic, and military, toward a successful outcome.” But Obama requested that allies commit additional troops to the war when 30,000 additional troops were sent to Afghanistan in 2009. The Obama administration also pledged to work with the United Nations and diplomatic partners.

It is unclear what Trump means by “economic” power, but Obama and Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani announced in 2015 that “economic reform” was a “central pillar of the national unity government’s agenda.” Obama pledged up to $800 million in “U.S. economic assistance” to spur development.

While one might think Trump’s pledge to “not talk about numbers of troops” or “plans for further military activities” is indefensible, Obama engaged in secretive troop build-ups in Afghanistan. He claimed the combat phase of the war ended but later redefined labels to permit troops to engage in fighting in Afghanistan.

Trump claimed he “lifted restrictions” that were placed on “war fighters,” which prevented the secretary of defense and commanders from “fully and swiftly waging battle.” That is not hugely out of step when it comes to war-making policies.

The Obama administration “loosened” restrictions on U.S. forces in Afghanistan in 2016. As reported by the New York Times, airstrikes no longer had to be “justified as necessary to defend American troops.” Commanders were allowed to use “air power” against the Taliban when they saw fit and forces were allowed to accompany Afghan troops into combat.

Presumably, the biggest departure may be that Trump will give the U.S. military greater freedom to engage in carpet bombing on a scale that may result in the kind of civilian carnage that has occurred in Iraq since he assumed office.

Much was made about a potential expansion of the war into Pakistan without the full support of the country’s government. Recall, Obama launched around 375 drone strikes in Pakistan that injured at least 990 people and killed more than 2,100 people, including so-called militants reportedly targeted. It is not like Obama was granting terrorists sanctuary.

The war in Afghanistan was launched in 2001, as an act of retaliation for the September 11th attacks.

As of August 2016, according to the “Costs Of War Project” at the Watson Institute of International and Public Affairs at Brown University, at least 31,000 Afghan civilians have been killed in Afghanistan. Well over 40,000 Afghan civilians were “seriously injured” since January 2009. The International Committee of the Red Cross treated 9,200 new patients in 2015, and 1,261 were amputees.

It was estimated, as of June 2016, that there were 1.4 million refugees inside Afghanistan and “nearly 1 million Afghans were internally displaced.” There are at least 2.6. million Afghan refugees in over 70 countries.

When Obama was still president, the percentage of civilians in Afghanistan killed by “pro-government forces,” according to the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA), rose dramatically. Since 2013, deaths of children sharply escalated, with 639 deaths and 1,822 injuries documented. The rate of civilian deaths from airstrikes has also skyrocketed in the last two years of the Obama administration.

The specifics that depict the human toll of endless war in Afghanistan are what matters. Yet, what Democrats said in response largely suggests they are likely to take a technocratic approach to Trump’s plans instead of pushing for an end to war.

“When President Trump says there will be no ceiling on the number of troops and no timeline for withdrawal, he is declaring an open-ended commitment of American lives with no accountability to the American people,” Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi declared. “The American people need to know more about the President’s plans and conditions.”

“To what extent is there a comprehensive strategy, including an exit strategy for finally bringing America’s heroes home? Congress looks forward to a comprehensive briefing on the troop increase and overall strategy as soon as possible,” Pelosi added.

Pelosi neglected the record of a Democratic president, who left office with a fairly open-ended commitment to war. She also seems open to another escalation as long as Trump agrees to plan an exit strategy, which could be set years from now.

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, who is the ranking Democrat on the personal subcommittee of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said the speech lacked details, substance, and a “vision of what success in Afghanistan looks like.”

On Twitter, Senator Catherine Cortez Masto meekly pledged to ask if Trump’s plan would really make America safer and what it would mean for deployed troops. Senator Tim Kaine tweeted, “The American public deserves more details from POTUS on Afghanistan.”

Senator Bob Casey called for a new Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF) in order to make U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq seem more legal while Senator Tom Carper offered tempered praise as he recommended Gen. John Nicholson be kept on as commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan.

Hawkishly, Senator Maggie Hassan largely echoed the warmongering of Trump and stated, “It is critical that Afghanistan does not again become a safe haven for terrorists, and we must constantly adjust to the situation on the ground and maintain a troop presence that can ensure that Afghanistan does not slip backward.”

Support for maintaining a U.S. troop presence was also expressed by Senator Jeanne Shaheen, and she suggested a “fully engaged diplomatic presence,” as well as a “stronger, more resilient NATO” would be critical.

Senator Jack Reed also recommended more emphasis on diplomacy, contending the State Department must be properly staffed and the budget for foreign aid for Afghanistan’s government must not be slashed. And Senator Richard Blumenthal argued, “Military force without forceful effective diplomacy is no strategy,” before he proceeded to endorse a continuation of war.

The closest any Senate Democrat came to strong opposition to continuing war was the statement from Senator Jeff Merkley, where he proclaimed, “Americans are exhausted by a seemingly endless war. We have lost too many brave service members, and we owe all who have served there an extraordinary debt of gratitude. It is time for the president to present a compelling plan for regional stability and an end to American military involvement — not a vague plan to continue the failed strategies of the past.”

From the House of Representatives, Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley stated, “President Trump has no strategy for ending the war in Afghanistan.” He was disappointed there were no plans announced to “extract” troops from the “volatile region.”

Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur demanded “clarity of objective,” and maintained, “There can be no blank check for war anywhere. Committing more American troops without a clear path forward will not lead to the resolution of this sixteen-year war.”

While Representative Pramala Jayapal suggested Congress should listen to Americans who want to end the war and tweeted, “We need a concerted diplomatic effort to sustainably end the war in Afghanistan and bring our heroes home.”

The strongest Democratic opponent of the announced escalation was Representative Barbara Lee, who was the sole opposition for the authorization of war under President George W. Bush.

“I am deeply troubled by President Trump’s failure to outline a comprehensive strategy to bring an end to our nation’s longest war. After sixteen years at war, one thing is clear: there is no military solution in Afghanistan,” Lee stated. “Any lasting peace in Afghanistan must be secured through diplomacy. Further military engagement will only put our brave servicemen and women in harm’s way while doing little to enhance our national security.”

There were very few Democrats, who indicated they would staunchly oppose escalation. Some even did what Trump probably hopes they will do, which is not oppose him because they recognize war-making is part of a bipartisan national consensus in Washington, D.C.

Nevertheless, for those representatives and senators, who see themselves as part of “The Resistance,” this is no longer “The Good War” that Obama escalated, drew down, and then kick-started again. It is Trump’s war. They have a political opportunity to resist perpetual war under a deeply unpopular and despised president.

from 2012, but could have been filmed yesterday.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”