Got a call from 'Palestinian Territories' today

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Got a call from 'Palestinian Territories' today

Postby Masato » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:39 pm

So for the past few months, I get 2-3 times a day a phone call from some obscure country, always with the same recorded message;

"Your business name, has been flagged, blah blah blah" I never actually listened to the message.

But its weird because call display always shows these calls coming in from weird places, Peru, Netherlands, Guatemala, etc etc etc. Sometimes I pick up because I do get international calls, but 90% of the time its the exact same message: "Your business name, has been flagged, blah blah blah"

Well anyways today I got a call and my display said; "Palestinian Territories'. I didn't answer but I bet it was the same automated message.

What is this? How can the same message be coming from all over the world? And of all places, Palestine?? Am I being set up here? lol

Please don't take advantage of my susceptibility to paranoia, lol

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:25 am

Top 10 phone scams to look out for

5. Local maps verification

This robocall asks for sensitive personal information after telling consumers that their local business has been flagged by online maps verification. The information obtained can be used to take control of accounts.

http://jessejones.com/story/the-10-most ... right-now/

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:36 am

Weird.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:39 am

Redneck wrote:Top 10 phone scams to look out for

5. Local maps verification

This robocall asks for sensitive personal information after telling consumers that their local business has been flagged by online maps verification. The information obtained can be used to take control of accounts.

http://jessejones.com/story/the-10-most ... right-now/

I used to get them phoning me with a variation of scam #1 about every week at least and I always just hung up on them. then one day I was in a bad mood I guess and I just blasted them until they hung up. It died down fairly quickly after that. Scam #7 seems familiar too, I believe that one is in my messages now.
el rey del mambo

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”