ROTARY in Brasil..?

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Redneck

Re: ROTARY in Brasil..?

Postby Redneck » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:37 am

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:26 pm

Redneck wrote:Image

My wife and I had this discussion when she first joined rotary about how it was an offshoot of freemasonry, she told me she talked about it with one of the older members and he said that it wasn't. I just showed her that pendant picture and she doesn't even remember our conversation. :roll:
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Pics of wife for reference

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

The Anti-Archon

Postby The Anti-Archon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Funny, my wife never remembers being wrong, either.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:31 am

Canuckster wrote:My wife and I had this discussion when she first joined rotary about how it was an offshoot of freemasonry, she told me she talked about it with one of the older members and he said that it wasn't. I just showed her that pendant picture and she doesn't even remember our conversation. :roll:

To be fair, there is nothing to show a connection between the two groups. That ring, like almost all Masonic rings, could have been made by a jeweler at the request of someone who was a member of both. Or it may have been a commemorative ring for a joint community fund raiser or convention.

The second pic I posted is a Pagan sun wheel, and I think it's obvious that the Rotary symbol represents the sun.

The way it's been explained to me is that groups such as Rotary and the Lions, and Apex, are quasi-Masonic in their structure but without the occult stuff, Freemasonry-Lite. They serve to identify worthy people who usually show their potential, and those people are offered memberships in more exclusive societies. They basically act as feeder orgs, but most members never see it because they aren't approached.

The Lion is also a symbol of the sun, and the Apex club's logo is rather obvious.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:55 pm

love the new avatar, Redneck lol

So if Rotary has no direct connection with Masonry, how do they get so much money? At least in Brasil, they seem to have enough to cornerstone a huge % of the smaller towns. Would be curious exactly how this is done

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Fundraising

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:20 pm

^ yeah but brazilians are poor, lol Most of the towns I saw with a lot of Rotary stuff were generally poorer towns.

Of course there are always some rich folk, but what would they GET for donating serious money?

There is an exchange system there I'm sure, I'd love to know how it works. They obviously work with the municipal governments too, otherwise they couldn't build their monuments and squares in the middle of the towns the way they do.

Some one is getting something, money coming from somewhere and not just for goodwill.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:06 am

Masato wrote:love the new avatar, Redneck lol

So if Rotary has no direct connection with Masonry, how do they get so much money? At least in Brasil, they seem to have enough to cornerstone a huge % of the smaller towns. Would be curious exactly how this is done

They are very powerful in their own right. They get in with the local Councils, and community groups, and then they raise money for them and everyone in the town kisses their ass. Other social climbers are drawn to the group and join it as a status symbol, then networks develop.

I have had experience with them, I was involved in a community group and the local Rotary club put on a fund raising dinner (in which they all get to enjoy a really nice free three course dinner) and they raised $1,000 for us. But in order to receive the check we had to put on a dinner for them, so we had a BBQ and spent several hundreds of dollars on food and drink and spent hours preparing and cooking.

So they turn up, most of them brought their families along for the free feed, and ate most of the food. Then there was a presentation where they big noted themselves, and my group grovelled to them, and they handed over a check for $1,000 and then they all left.

After we worked out our expenses, I think we were about $300 in front.

Most towns in Australia and in the UK, the USA, and other western countries, have signs at the border, telling you who really runs the place.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:41 pm

$1000 / $300 does not go far. Certainly not enough to buy whole towns

Pancake Breakfasts and Softball Games do not garner this widespread presence imo

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”